Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If this is a close game.......

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

The only way to mitigate this is to play mistake free football. No celebrations aimed at the opposing teams bench. No late hits on players on the ground. No fumbles or INT's. The way they could get us is holding calls. I imagine that on every offensive play, someone is held.

Do you really believe the NFL would conspire that way? I've seen officials miss calls, such as in the New England/Oakland playoff game in 2001 and a few others.

The Colts and Patriots will be the #1 and #2 seeds heading into the AFC playoffs this year so what sense does it make to make bad calls so they can be undefeated when they meet for the first time this year?

Before this year I wouldn't have ever even acknowledged this as a legitimate concern. I still wouldn't say it's legitimate...but I also can hardly write it off with the way the officials have been calling things all year. Not just against (or for) the Skins...the refs have been abysmal all around.

Do you really believe the NFL would conspire that way? I've seen officials miss calls, such as in the New England/Oakland playoff game in 2001 and a few others.

The Colts and Patriots will be the #1 and #2 seeds heading into the AFC playoffs this year so what sense does it make to make bad calls so they can be undefeated when they meet for the first time this year?

It's not the NFL we usually have to worry about, its Vegas :rolleyes:

It's not the NFL we usually have to worry about, its Vegas :rolleyes:

The Refs will not be on our side because the NFL wants the Colts and the Pats to be unbeaten going into their November 4th matchup. Mark my words so start moving all your breakable items out of the room where you watch the game.

You couldn't be more correct...I hate officials.

The Refs will not be on our side because the NFL wants the Colts and the Pats to be unbeaten going into their November 4th matchup. Mark my words so start moving all your breakable items out of the room where you watch the game.

You couldn't be more correct...I hate officials.

I cannot allow myself to even entertain this notion, or I would never be able to watch football again.

So I wont.

I see your point and agree somewhat, however too many officials get off on controlling games and making calls that "influence" the outcome. I can almost see them laughing it off after the game that they made a call that infuriated thousands.

I cannot allow myself to even entertain this notion, or I would never be able to watch football again.

So I wont.

I see your point and agree somewhat, however too many officials get off on controlling games and making calls that "influence" the outcome. I can almost see them laughing it off after the game that they made a call that infuriated thousands.

Before this year I wouldn't have ever even acknowledged this as a legitimate concern. I still wouldn't say it's legitimate...but I also can hardly write it off with the way the officials have been calling things all year. Not just against (or for) the Skins...the refs have been abysmal all around.
It seems to get worse every year. Phantom calls are going to have to be added into the rule books soon.

It seems to get worse every year. Phantom calls are going to have to be added into the rule books soon.

If this is a close game, regardless of the outcome, I will be happy.

Man, I'd feel the same whether they lose by 7 or 30...this Redskins team is built to win NOW. If they don't - keeping things close against a superior team is worthless. 'Moral victories' don't mean a thing. If this team has any illusions of making it far this season, they'll have to play, and BEAT, the big boys. Not just keep the score close.

If this is a close game, regardless of the outcome, I will be happy.

Man, I'd feel the same whether they lose by 7 or 30...this Redskins team is built to win NOW. If they don't - keeping things close against a superior team is worthless. 'Moral victories' don't mean a thing. If this team has any illusions of making it far this season, they'll have to play, and BEAT, the big boys. Not just keep the score close.

Archived