Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blast From The Past?

SkinsKin26

I noticed some other comparison threads, so I thought I would finally post my thoughts I have had recently. I am not sure if anyone has already tried examining this comparison, but this 2007 season reminds me of the 2005 success we had.

First, the record of 3-2 jumps out at me, and the way we got to it through five games. Each win kind of dragged out, especially on offense, followed up by an outburst in the third win. Even though we put away the lions convincingly, we were on pace to do it in Seattle, before letting them come back. Meanwhile, our two losses were disappointing, especially the one in Denver. I find it funny because the week after going 3-2, we were set up with a blowout win against the 49ers (hopefully the Cardinals this year) followed by an onslaught against the Giants (possibly the Pats even though I see hope). We'll be in good shape if the O gets it together again.

Also, I noticed the rushing statistics in each. It opened with an outburst of Portis in the first (Chicago-Miami) followed up by inconsistency and so-so production until the 49ers breakout game (I will laugh if done against the Cardinals). Of course, the success really came with the unification of the O-line, which is what we need now. I do not think injuries plagued us so bad that year, but the concept of needing a unified O-line stands out.

To touch on the defense, it was a stronghold, for the most part, in that 2005 season just like now. However, I can say our defense is improved, so we have even more potential.

Obviously, in my opinion, it shows we have a clear cut shot at the division. Sure, the division is more competitive than it was that year, but we still get two against Dallas, and one against each of the others. It could lead to a 5-1 divisional record with a Giants loss similarly to 2005. In addition, hopefully we will not face the other tough losses we had that year, but being only one down in the division's loss column leaves me optimistic, thus far.

I thought it was still interesting and enlightening, any comments or thoughts to build upon?

Isnt that the year we lost to Green bay because of a B-S offensive holding call, negating a Portis TD which would have given us the lead?

I see the parallels between the two.. .but each season is it's own. Defense this year compared to that year is similar, i agree with you on that. And Taylor is having an amazing season.

only time will tell what happens, but i sure hope we arent in the "5 in a row or we dont go" situation again.

the Redskins have more talent this year and Campbell seems to be a bit ahead of schedule in the poise department, but the combination of untimely injuries that is robbing us of key players up front and the spate of turnovers and poor play in the second half of NFC games is compromising the promise that is there.

So what you're saying is we're gonna go into full suck mode right about now to make our record 5-6, only to follow it up with an improbable five-game winning streak that will give us wildcard status where we will play in Tampa Bay (who is leading the NFC South) and beat them as Jason Campbell sets the record for the worst quarterback performance in playoff history and then go onto the next round where our offense sucks even more and we lose to the eventual NFC champions.

Hail to the Redskins! :point2sky

So what you're saying is we're gonna go into full suck mode right about now to make our record 5-6, only to follow it up with an improbable five-game winning streak that will give us wildcard status where we will play in Tampa Bay (who is leading the NFC South) and beat them as Jason Campbell sets the record for the worst quarterback performance in playoff history and then go onto the next round where our offense sucks even more and we lose to the eventual NFC champions.

Hail to the Redskins! :point2sky

Of course! haha

I knew I would run into an instance where I should have said, but naturally, the seasons are different, but I thought my optimism would lead elsewhere. Anyway, I forgot about that fumble return being the difference in KC, good addition! Thanks for the additional comments as well, keep them coming.

Of course! haha

I knew I would run into an instance where I should have said, but naturally, the seasons are different, but I thought my optimism would lead elsewhere. Anyway, I forgot about that fumble return being the difference in KC, good addition! Thanks for the additional comments as well, keep them coming.

So what you're saying is that unlike 2005, we're going to go to the Super Bowl and win it all! I like your style!!!!

Archived