Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BaltimoreSun: And the Patriots are favored by ...

tr1

4 1/2 points.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ordine/blog/2007/10/and_the_patriots_are_favored_b.html

According to covers.com, an informational non-gambling Internet site, New England opened as a 4-point favorite over the Cowboys in next week's game in Dallas between the two undefeated teams. Over the last few hours, several online Web sites have moved the spread to 4 1/2. We'll see how this goes through the week. I had predicted a 6-point spread by game time. There's no way it moves that much, but we could see it inch a bit higher, although 5 obviously would be an odd number. The over-under is a lofty 52, 52 1/2.

This will be an interesting tug-of-war as far as the point spread is concerned. Dallas is immensely popular with the betting public but the Patriots have everybody's attention and you just know that Bill Belichick wants to stomp those Texas yahoos right into that big ol' star at midfield. The Cowboys are 4-1 against the spread and the oddsmakers haven't been able to set a line that the Patriots can't cover -- they're 5-0.

Man, this game is gonna be hyped. Quarterbacks Tony Romo sits to pee and Tom Brady. Wide receivers Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. Outsized egos Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft.

This, folks, is what the NFL is all about.

TV ratings and point spreads.

4 1/2 points.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ordine/blog/2007/10/and_the_patriots_are_favored_b.html

According to covers.com, an informational non-gambling Internet site, New England opened as a 4-point favorite over the Cowboys in next week's game in Dallas between the two undefeated teams. Over the last few hours, several online Web sites have moved the spread to 4 1/2. We'll see how this goes through the week. I had predicted a 6-point spread by game time. There's no way it moves that much, but we could see it inch a bit higher, although 5 obviously would be an odd number. The over-under is a lofty 52, 52 1/2.

This will be an interesting tug-of-war as far as the point spread is concerned. Dallas is immensely popular with the betting public but the Patriots have everybody's attention and you just know that Bill Belichick wants to stomp those Texas yahoos right into that big ol' star at midfield. The Cowboys are 4-1 against the spread and the oddsmakers haven't been able to set a line that the Patriots can't cover -- they're 5-0.

Man, this game is gonna be hyped. Quarterbacks Tony Romo sits to pee and Tom Brady. Wide receivers Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. Outsized egos Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft.

This, folks, is what the NFL is all about.

TV ratings and point spreads.

I'll be calling my old bookie, I'd take NE with a 10 point spread at Dallas...and as you all know i am a Dallas homer. This game will not be close. The closest I see it, is 38-20, please let me be wrong. I pray that I am wrong, but i cant see it. Brady cant be touched and Moss will go banana's on anyone in the Dallas secondary, and add Stalworth and Welker to the mix......Thats a 4.5 rolaid game in my book with a 10 pt spread.......but what do I know, I picked the Giants to with the East in my preseason picks.

I'll be calling my old bookie, I'd take NE with a 10 point spread at Dallas...and as you all know i am a Dallas homer. This game will not be close. The closest I see it, is 38-20, please let me be wrong. I pray that I am wrong, but i cant see it. Brady cant be touched and Moss will go banana's on anyone in the Dallas secondary, and add Stalworth and Welker to the mix......Thats a 4.5 rolaid game in my book with a 10 pt spread.......but what do I know, I picked the Giants to with the East in my preseason picks.
unlike most people on this Board, I realy dont care who wins. Because if we (redskins) take care of our own Biz we will be fine. I know we have a great team, but that may just be me.

But I have to ask you why dont you have faith in your team.

If somebody was to ask me do I think we will be the pats, I'm gone say yes.

Ya'll are at home, and any given sunday anybody can be beat.

unlike most people on this Board, I realy dont care who wins. Because if we (redskins) take care of our own Biz we will be fine. I know we have a great team, but that may just be me.

I would say the Skins are good and better then anyone poutside of Washington gave them credit for, but come on GREAT.....there are two great teams...Indy and NE...after that its a good mix of good teams, and yes, the Skins are entering that mix!

But I have to ask you why dont you have faith in your team.

I am a realist and not a flat out homer. I will watch the game with all my heart rooting for my boys, and when or if they lose, ill be upset like alwats, but realistically, the Pats are just a lot better then Dallas.

If somebody was to ask me do I think we will be the pats, I'm gone say yes.

Thats you

Ya'll are at home, and any given sunday anybody can be beat.

Dallas is not always unbeatable at home.........and they DO NOT have a distinct (sp?) Home field advantage like some other teams, Bills, Pitt, KC Packers, Skins....etc

Archived