Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halftime review: Nice. Now finish.

Art

The Redskins are just wrecking the Lions. It's beautiful football. Campbell is being correctly and WELL managed by Saunders/Gibbs. They are doing what they haven't done, which is to say they are giving him easy passes to build confidence and put the team in a rhythm. Slants, quick digs, receiver screens. Timing passes. On rhythm. This is what we need to do.

The Lions were attacking the running game, but because the passing game was keeping things even, you began wearing them down. Then the running game hits. This is what this team needs to be in this league. We still kill ourselves. Bad snap. Fumbled snap. Can't recover a fumble. Things that are far more simple than we make them often keeps things interesting.

It's now about adjustments. The Lions will adjust. The Giants adjusted last game and whipped us. We have to be READY for them to do something different. Defensively I can't understand why they don't have THREE guys on ARE and see what else works in our passing game. Seriously, it's embarrassing. I'd be furious as a fan if my team saw an opposition with ONE passing weapon and NOT decide to cover him. TAKE HIM AWAY. We have to ANTICIPATE they will do that.

And we have to have an answer right away.

Defensively, we are dominating up front. Whipping the Lions. We haven't blitzed. We're just CRUSHING them up front. Now, the Lions need to take what we're giving them. Short, three and four yarders. Every down. Play after play. Try to make us come out of what we're doing. And we have to ANTICIPATE that by JUMPING a route. Calculated risk. JUMP something and put the game away.

We had a 14-point-lead last game at the half, so we won't let down. We just need to make sure we don't let them RIGHT back into this on their opening drive. Let's go baby.

Archived