Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Purple Pass value

coachtony

Yup. That's right. Normal parking is $350 but Platinum is $1000. You actually get a platinum colored parking pass which designates the specific spot you are assigned to.

There are two lots -- A and F. I've seen a few mistakes in some of the parking diagrams as to where these are but basically it looks like they took what used to be purple parking in these areas and made them platinum.

Lot F is clearly marked with a Platinum sign and can only be accessed via Arena Drive entrance. Lot A was not clearly labled earlier this year and can only be accessed via the South entrance from 202. They are very strict about who parks there.

Seemed like there were alot of unlabled spots in Lot F while Lot A looked to be getting kind of full.

These are nice spots make no mistake and you can't beat the convenience and location. But if you usually get to games a few hours before kickoff like I do, you can just as easily find a purple spot only a few feet away. Food for thought next year...

so wait does that mean were allowed in f1 just not in the special platinum spots or is what you said stay away from F1 all together please clarify for my special needs butt lol

There are purple spots in F but they are a few rows behind the platinum section which is set off by concrete barricades -- keeps the riff raff out! ha!

I'm not sure if the remaining purple area is called F1 though. Maybe F2 or something but it's there, just smaller than last year.

ok thanks ! cause were getting there way b4 kickoff and I just wannted to make sure I wasnt met by police lol

Yup. That's right. Normal parking is $350 but Platinum is $1000. You actually get a platinum colored parking pass which designates the specific spot you are assigned to.

There are two lots -- A and F. I've seen a few mistakes in some of the parking diagrams as to where these are but basically it looks like they took what used to be purple parking in these areas and made them platinum.

Lot F is clearly marked with a Platinum sign and can only be accessed via Arena Drive entrance. Lot A was not clearly labled earlier this year and can only be accessed via the South entrance from 202. They are very strict about who parks there.

Seemed like there were alot of unlabled spots in Lot F while Lot A looked to be getting kind of full.

These are nice spots make no mistake and you can't beat the convenience and location. But if you usually get to games a few hours before kickoff like I do, you can just as easily find a purple spot only a few feet away. Food for thought next year...

It would be nice to park next to the stadium with $1000 parking, but it doesn't get you out of the stadium any faster. You still have to get stuck by traffic. I don't think the platinum lot has an entrance to some super secret tunnel that Snyder built so he can avoid traffic. :D

Sort of.... The faster you GET to your car, the more likely you are to BEAT the traffic before it gets heavy.

The hardest part is getting out of the parking lot because of all the pedestrians. Once you get on the road, it's a pretty quick shot out, since not that many folks have gotten to their cars.

Of course, all this depends on how the game goes. If it's tight and everyone leaves at the end, I'm fine (Miami). If it's an early departing crowd and I wait until the end, then I get stuck (Lions).

But, it would be pretty much the same if you had a slot in the front of a purple section admittedly.

Your numbers are a little off, but thats what I did. Sold my season red book on ebay and bought a season green book. Cost me about 50 more for the whole season.

What concerns me about doing that is what other parties do with the passes you sell. I've heard of people simply copying them to gain access to the lots. Last year, I saw people getting picked up on Arena Drive, parking pass in hand, to get the driver in the lot. They would then return to Arena Drive to get picked up by someone else. This was done repeatedly.

There are always people roaming the lots offering to buy the passes the people in the lots used to get in. The passes have numbers that I assume can be traced to whom they were originally issued. I'm not sure what the TO would do with ticketholders passes that have been used illegally.

Yes, I'd be curious how many of the parking passes used today to get into Fedex are fake and how many people use the "ride along" trick.

The street value for a purple pass is at least $100+ depending on the game, and what would be the penalty if you ever got caught? Probably nothing other than making you park somewhere else! Bottom line is that there is no one watching the hen house and when you do the whole risk-reward analysis, it is no wonder that so much shady stuff goes on...

What concerns me about doing that is what other parties do with the passes you sell. I've heard of people simply copying them to gain access to the lots. Last year, I saw people getting picked up on Arena Drive, parking pass in hand, to get the driver in the lot. They would then return to Arena Drive to get picked up by someone else. This was done repeatedly.

There are always people roaming the lots offering to buy the passes the people in the lots used to get in. The passes have numbers that I assume can be traced to whom they were originally issued. I'm not sure what the TO would do with ticketholders passes that have been used illegally.

I was selling a red pass, so there's not much danger of that. If your gonna go to the trouble to fake one it'll be green, orange or purple. Red and Blue are small potatoes.

Archived