Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason TV Plan

Okay Redskin Fans, I have developed an idea of how to make it through the offseason, with a little help from Bufford, who suggested this in another thread.

THE MIGHTY PLAN

We must pick and AFL team and root for them.

That's Right: The AFL.

Here is a listing of all the teams and their standings.

I propose we follow their games, and root for them.

First, we must decide on a team to root for, anyone have any ideas?

American Conference

Western Division

Team W L Pct. PF PA Home Away Div Conf Streak

San Jose SaberCats 13 1 .928 878 660 7-0 6-1 5-1 7-1 W 1

Arizona Rattlers 11 3 .785 729 624 5-2 6-1 4-2 6-3 W 5

Los Angeles Avengers 8 6 .571 731 694 4-3 4-3 1-5 2-6 W 1

Dallas Desperados 7 7 .500 742 755 3-4 4-3 2-4 4-5 L 2

Central Division

Chicago Rush 9 5 .642 747 671 6-1 3-4 5-1 6-3 L 1

Grand Rapids Rampage 8 6 .571 756 759 4-3 4-3 2-4 3-5 W 2

Indiana Firebirds 7 7 .500 669 646 4-3 3-4 5-1 6-4 W 2

Detroit Fury 1 13 .071 550 740 1-6 0-7 0-6 0-7 L 11

National Conference

Southern Division

Orlando Predators 7 7 .500 637 669 2-5 5-2 3-3 4-5 W 1

Carolina Cobras 6 8 .428 624 665 1-6 5-2 3-3 6-3 L 1

Tampa Bay Storm 6 8 .428 666 715 2-5 4-3 3-3 3-5 W 2

Georgia Force 6 8 .428 703 688 3-4 3-4 3-3 5-3 L 1

Eastern Division

New Jersey Gladiators 9 5 .642 714 662 4-3 5-2 4-2 6-3 L 1

Buffalo Destroyers 6 8 .428 627 675 4-3 2-5 5-1 5-3 L 4

Toronto Phantoms 5 9 .357 644 656 2-5 3-4 1-5 3-7 L 4

New York Dragons 3 11 .214 666 804 2-5 1-6 2-4 2-5 W 1

Well, I also suggested in another thread that Giant fans pick one team, Redskin fans pick a different team and Eagle fans pick another team. We can argue about which is better and even pretend they are the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins. Heck, Cowboy fans can get in on this if they want. We can start discussing Arena football. I'm game. I get the New York Dragons even though they are horrible. I am a New York loyalist.

Go to http://www.arenafan.com . You can find out which teams have players that played in the NFL, XFL, CFL, USFL, etc. Ultimately, I'd like a team in DC. Everyone needs to e-mail Snyder and let him know we want a team affiliated with the Redskins (The Warriors) to whup up on the Desperadoes (coached by Joe Avezzano). There are only twelve days until the AFL starts and national broadcasts will be on NBC Sunday evenings at 3:30. Riggo will be a commentator.

I would rather do just about anything than watch AFL. I find it humiliating to witness.

Guys-- I've got two words for you:

Basketball

Baseball

I'm a season ticket holder for University of Tulsa basketball and you've always got March Madness to look forward to.

The Western Conference playoffs should be quite entertaining in the NBA this year

And there's always baseball.

I'm a die-hard Reds fan, and I've got my satellie all ready to go for the 162 game grind.

I'll get up for the draft when it comes-- but not as much as I used to-- does it really matter anymore? Even when we do well in a draft (Champ, Samuels, Lavar) it doesn't really make our team any better. It's become a pretty pointless day for the Redskins.

And I'm sure I'll get all delusional and excited come late next August, but for now folks, look to something else.

And before you jump on me for liking MLB, remember, you're talking about the AFL here :)

This off-season will likely fly by for me.

I'm less than two weeks from moving into a new house ... which my wife and I have plans for. Won't be long until the ACC Tourny, followed by the NCAA Tourny. March madness rocks!

After that I'll follow the Hurricanes in hockey (going to tonight's game!) though it looks like they'll struggle to even make the playoffs this year after making the Stanley Cup Finals last season.

Once hockey is over I'll do my best to ignore baseball and follow the off-season developments in the NFL (all the while working on this house, mind you.)

The offseason wont be too hateful for me. Since I'm at JMU it'll give me time to maybe read a little bit here and there and I'll be able to get wrecked on the weekends without having to worry about waking up at 11:00 AM to watch Redskins pregame the next day.

MLB definitely blows....and I only watch games 4-7 of the world series. :rolleyes: But there's always February 28th to look forward to with the start of free agency, and every day after that checking out the big signings around the league. That's always a good time. Before you know it, we'll all be talking about making our ventures to Ashburn in July.

I implore all of you to watch the start of the Winston Cup racing season this year. The Joe Gibbs Racing Inc. drivers have one two of the last three championships, Labonte in 2000 and Stewart in 2002.

This year, the team is changing from dinasour old Pontiacs, with the aerodynamics of a shoebox with wheels, to the sleek and bullet-like Chevrolets. In testing in Daytona this past week, Labonte posted the 4th fastest time at 183.533mph. Not bad for a team switching car makes.

I'll watch hockey, March Madness, and an occasional spring training baseball game. But...my primary focus turns to Winston Cup racing come the second week in February.

I'm also 6' 210lbs pound man who has possesion of two fists named "mayhem" and "chaos", so anyone who has disparaging remarks against Winston Cup racing prepare for an old-fashioned Virginia A**-Whupping!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh yeah, I agree with watching Winston Cup racing. If the races start at noon, they'll likely be over by 3:30 or soon thereafter. The AFL on NBC was smart enough NOt to go head-to-head with NASCAR (especially since they are a broadcast partner). Give the AFL an honest chance and I think you'll like it. Cskin, it is a lot like racing. I've heard so many people say "whats so interesting about watching a bunch of cars go round and round?" If they watch it for a month or so, they'll learn there is so much strategy involved. If they actually go to a race they are hooked. Well, if any of you have a chance, go to an AFL game. I went to a Cleveland Thunderbolts game back in like '92 (I went to the Hall of Fame Game the same day....Eagles vs Jets). It was awesome. the television exposure, however, was never there. ESPN and ESPN2 carried some games at midnight eastern time. ABC started carrying the Arena Bowl over the past few years and TNN started carrying a game of the week when they lost NASCAR. There is a full schedule on NBC two weeks from now. Here are some links. http://www.arenafootball.com http://www.arenafan.com John Elway is part owner of the Colorado Crush (expansion team for 2003). Joe Avezzano (former Cowboys special teams coach) coaches the Dallas Desperados (owned by Jerrah). The Fords (Detriot Lions) own the Detroit Fury. Give it a chance!

Archived