Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Shaun Bodiford, We Hardly Knew Ye

Truant

Don't be surprised if B Lloyd makes all the naysayers eat mucho crow this Sunday at Fedex field. Hope you all are hungry.

I've been seeing that guarantee in here for 18 games now and no one has been right. Hope for our sake, someone is right one time and dude actually has a good game. Right now, I'm in a "I'll beleive it when I see it" mode.

Do you think that there might be a reason for that?

My guess is we don't run three wide receiver sets because Lloyd sucks. So having Lloyd as our #3 severely limits what we can offensively - at least in terms of formations.

If Lloyd was even mediocre' date=' we would probably run a lot more three-wide sets. Once Caldwell officially beats him out, we will probably see a pretty dramatic increase in three wide sets. And then Caldwell will get three or four opportunities a game.

And you will say, "Of course he has better numbers than Lloyd. They actually throw him the ball."[/quote']

Sad thing about that is, I saw Cooley in the slot more than Lloyd on the field. If we could put Caldwell at the #2 and ARE move to the slot, we could put Cooley in motion (which is when he's actually at his best because he doesn't have a quick burst off the line) and he could outrun LB's.

Redskins practice squad wide receiver Shaun Bodiford re-signed with the Green Bay Packers this week.

The Redskins had claimed Bodiford, a second-year player, off waivers from the Packers on Sept. 2. They kept him on the 53-man roster for the first two weeks of the regular season, but he was inactive on GameDays.

Bodiford was released by the Redksins shortly after the team signed veteran wide receiver Reche Caldwell. Last Saturday, he was brought back to the practice squad.

NFL teams can obtain a player from another team's practice squad, as long as that player is signed to the active roster. Replacing Bodiford on the Redskins' practice squad is offensive lineman Justin Geisinger, who spent time on the Redskins' practice squad earlier this season.

lost him again....but, to a team we play in 2 1/2 weeks :paranoid:

Archived