Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know where I can find a good picture of the famous superbowl photo...

SkinsFan13

Does anyone know where I can get that famous superbowl photo with Riggins carrying the ball and a Miami dolphin dragging behind him. Its in black and white and has the superbowl date on the bottom?

My dad used to have the picture but it was lost in a house fire, I would love to get it again and frame it up. Does anyone know where I could get a good sized copy of it? Or a good res. photo of it to take in and blow up?

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

riggins.05832832.jpg

This is what you're looking for I guess. Your best bet is to print this and re-scan it in at black and white in a higher resolution or something. Then you can photoshop anything you want on it. If you need any help with the photoshop I'm sure we can help you. PM me if you need to.

edit* I have it saved if you can't find it for sale and you need it in the future.

I am pretty decent at Photshop so thatll probably work. I just dont want to lose alot of res when I blow it up, do you think I can make that a good size without losing to much?

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it...

It's 666X506 so I have a feeling it'll look grainy at that resolution if it's any larger. If you have a nice photo printer/scanner though you should print it off at normal resolution and then scan it in at like 1332X1012(2x resolution). If not, print it in color on a photo printer w/ good photo paper and take it up to Kinko's or somewhere and get them to scan it and then save it on a disc. Then you're golden. Good luck man, that'll be a nice gift!

The pic your looking for is hard to find. I know the one ... black and white. It was part of a series---one each for each of the 3 Super Bowl wins.

If you google "riggins super bowl" it pops up top left from a site called "www.sportspicsandmore.com", but the site is defunct.

Strangely, can't seem to find that poster available anywhere else, although I've only spent a few minutes looking.

I suspect you'll be able to find one, but it looks like they may be out of print and you'll have to get lucky with a private seller.

Does anyone know where I can get that famous superbowl photo with Riggins carrying the ball and a Miami dolphin dragging behind him. Its in black and white and has the superbowl date on the bottom?

My dad used to have the picture but it was lost in a house fire, I would love to get it again and frame it up. Does anyone know where I could get a good sized copy of it? Or a good res. photo of it to take in and blow up?

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

I have that exact picture your talking about framed on my wall its Fing SWEET.

I dont know where to get one though, sorry, it was a gift to my dad from my mom before I was born, now its mine. :logo:

It's 666X506 so I have a feeling it'll look grainy at that resolution if it's any larger. If you have a nice photo printer/scanner though you should print it off at normal resolution and then scan it in at like 1332X1012(2x resolution). If not, print it in color on a photo printer w/ good photo paper and take it up to Kinko's or somewhere and get them to scan it and then save it on a disc. Then you're golden. Good luck man, that'll be a nice gift!

I have a pretty good scanner so I am going to give that a try. Do you or anyone else know where I can find any size of the actual pic? so I can work on copying the text in the bottom? I know it gave the superbowl number and date I cant remember what the rest was or what font. If I can see the poster again maybe I can re-create it.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help.

I have that exact picture your talking about framed on my wall its Fing SWEET.

I dont know where to get one though, sorry, it was a gift to my dad from my mom before I was born, now its mine. :logo:

yea its an awesome picture, like you it was to be mine someday. Unfortunatley a couple years after I moved out my dad had a housefire caused by the dryer and he lost alot of stuff. So I am going to see if I can replace it or recreate it...

I just did a test changing it to 1280x972 and saving it under high quality with 5 scans. It doesn't look too bad, but you can tell the crowd is a little more pixelated. But honestly, it just looks like an old picture. Maybe with a little more tinkering.......

edit*it's too large to attach(371kb) so I'm going to get it hosted-it makes a pretty nice desktop image for me.

edit#2*here it is. You could probably use the sharpen tool and a little cloning to get it looking better. Sorry it's about to blow up this page

edit#3 Yeah it blew up the page. Just click the link instead and save it as your desktop to check it out.:(

http://i15.tinypic.com/5xg6xbn.jpg

I have the poster as well--the best sports picture of all time IMO. I bought it in 1999 from an art store in Springfield Mall (I think it was VA Art Expo). If you have the time, call all the local art/framing stores and see if they have it. I wouldn't be suprised if someone has some old stock, either framed or unframed (I've seen both).

As for blowing up and reprinting, to get good quality you'll need a minimum of 200 DPI on a good printer. Magazine quality is 300 DPI. I think the size of the picture on the poster is around 16x20; if I'm right, you would need at least 3200x4000 (original, not resized) on the safe side. You might be able to get away with 150 DPI or so with good material, but the picture has some old school grain, so I don't know if it would work. 666x506 isn't really enough for a good 4x6.

Just my $0.02. Good luck whatever you do!

I have the poster as well--the best sports picture of all time IMO. I bought it in 1999 from an art store in Springfield Mall (I think it was VA Art Expo). If you have the time, call all the local art/framing stores and see if they have it. I wouldn't be suprised if someone has some old stock, either framed or unframed (I've seen both).

As for blowing up and reprinting, to get good quality you'll need a minimum of 200 DPI on a good printer. Magazine quality is 300 DPI. I think the size of the picture on the poster is around 16x20; if I'm right, you would need at least 3200x4000 (original, not resized) on the safe side. You might be able to get away with 150 DPI or so with good material, but the picture has some old school grain, so I don't know if it would work. 666x506 isn't really enough for a good 4x6.

Just my $0.02. Good luck whatever you do!

Wow, 16"X20" is pretty big. He may just have to make a smaller version of it if he can't buy it.:silly:

wow thanks alot man! I appreciate you helping me out and blowing it up and everything.

Yea I didnt think I would be able to get it back to that size, I was going to try and make it as close as I could. I think before I start working in Photoshop I will call around tomorrow and see if I can find one. If I cant then its time to open up good old CS2.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. :helmet:

Does anyone know if the picture has a name? So I can describe it to people quicker when I call around for it tomorrow?

There are two ebay auctions for signed versions of the poster here. The second auction has some good pictures of the poster.

The poster is 24x36, so the picture is probably bigger than 16x20.

I don't know if it has a name, but I've seen/heard it called the Super Bowl XVII poster, the Super Bowl 17 poster, and the Riggins Super Bowl poster.

Regardless of the name you use, I would mention the exact size (24x36), that it's B&W, and that it has January 30, 1983 printed above the picture and Washington 27 Miami 17 printed below the picture. If they have it (or have carried it), they will know what you are talking about.

Archived