Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heard on ESPNRadio after the game (Cooley)

artmonkforHOF

after the win last night, I was stuck in traffic and heard Cooley on ESPN Radio.

He said that before his TD catch at the end of the half, Campbell went into the huddle and rallied our guys to get in and score. He said that JC showed great poise and after taht the team really rallied around him.

As much as I want to kick Gibbs& Saunders in the head for not getting the play in there quick enough, I think that those mistakes after the Randel El catch lead to a turning point in the season. Campbell has now taken over this team as the leader, and I think he is the best kind of leader, the one who leads by example.

had we settled for 3 (thank you Andy Reid for the Time out:laugh:) or run it in from the 1, I dont think we would have carried as much momentum into the second half.

I know i was feeling sick after watching those penalties, so sick I wanted to start my half time ritual early, so I could just imagine how down the players where feeling, and then to come back with the TD pass was just awesome.

On a side note, when they asked Cooley what its like to be playing against hard hitting safeties like Taylor & Landry, and how that might have affected the Eagles WR going over the middle, Cooley jumped in and said, " Those two guys will hit you in practice. Last week LaRon gave a stinger to (player I forget) and he's been down ever since"

From what i understand regarding the "no call" there was that JC helmet microphone cut off because Saunders wasnt sure what Gibbs wanted to do (Which is why the playclock ran down so long). Gibbs has had time mangement issues since he retuned here im just glad we got six points there.

Archived