Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UK Skins Fans Roll Call

WickedSkins

I was raised in Crowthorne and through my mad mother, a Skins fan since coming to the US in 1976.

You boys will need a place to stay before/after the skins game you sort out amonst yourselves. I live about 7 mins from the statium and I have a big house and an understanding misses.

...sorted

Good Lord, I was raised in Camberley and one of my good friends lived in Crowthorne. I used to be over at his place all the time. We also used to go clubbing at Pantile's on the A30, you know it?

Might take you up on the offer, sounds great.

You guys should all get together and pick a game to attend next year. Make an event out of it, maybe contact the Redskins front office and let them know what you're doing, see if you can get a tour of Redskins Park. I think it would be great to see you guys come over en masse.

Now that IS an idea ! :dallasuck

You guys should all get together and pick a game to attend next year. Make an event out of it, maybe contact the Redskins front office and let them know what you're doing, see if you can get a tour of Redskins Park. I think it would be great to see you guys come over en masse.

Tell u what I love that if any skins fans wanna do I dont mind helping sort it some pm me and we can have a chat..

My dad was in the Army and was posted to DC in 1980, working at the Walter Reed Hospital. My two brothers and I went over to visit during the school holidays and became hooked. The end of that season, although we won our last 3 games, saw Jack Pardee get the boot and Gibbs hired!

Shortly after, as has been said, Ch 4 started showing it every week and SB XVII was the first televised live! Result!

Have been to see a few games, most recently in 2004 for my 40th. Saw us stuff the giants 31-7 with Ramsey at QB.

With the internet streams, I can watch many more games. I love technology!

I also play the game for the Colchester Gladiators. Have done since 1983 and still going!

Before meeting up next year, how about meeting up in the Green Man pub before the game at Wembley? The Great British Tailgate Party should be cracking! www.colchestergladiators.com

Good Lord, I was raised in Camberley and one of my good friends lived in Crowthorne. I used to be over at his place all the time. We also used to go clubbing at Pantile's on the A30, you know it?

Might take you up on the offer, sounds great.

was i bit young for clubbing.

I lived right across the stree from the Lunatic Asylum on upper broadmoor road.

I used to love hearing my mother screaming in her accent "run aurther!!!!!!!", when monk caught a pass.

was i bit young for clubbing.

I lived right across the stree from the Lunatic Asylum on upper broadmoor road.

I used to love hearing my mother screaming in her accent "run aurther!!!!!!!", when monk caught a pass.

My uncle was a warden at Broadmoor for over 20 years....scary!

Also, I was a kid in school when the sirens went off at Broadmoor when Hindley escaped....very scary!

I have a music box made by that Kray brother. Was it Reggie or Ronnie in Broadmoor?

Anyway, the true story:

Our first week in the US my mother settled down to watch her first NFL game. It was the Chiefs Vs somebody. The Chiefs won and my mother decided that her team was KC. The next week, she turned on the tube and saw a Redskins game. Since the uniforms are similar and the whole Chief/Redskins thing, she thought that she was watching the same team for a second week in a row. So she kept following the Skins and the whole family are now fans.

Just a coincidance that we live in the DC area.

PS: I am also a Gooner.

Dont really have as interesting reason to supporting the Skins as all u, but i got into american football about 6 years ago (so never really known success- but this year will change that). I had a Skins jersey when i was younger and when i really got interested decided to follow the skins and havent looked backed since. I saw my first Fedex game against the Ravens this preseason, sods law i flew over and it was the one game abandoned in the 3rd. Thats just my luck, bring on the Giants, going to be a blow out:gaintsuck

HTTR

Hi

I currently live in Liverpool, just by Penny Lane but originally was born and bred in London. Came to University in 1990 and never left Liverpool. It was there I watched the Skins / Bills Superbowl. I was already a major fan then even though it was so hard to follow outside of Channel 4's coverage.

I became a Skins fan in 1986. Most of my friends were Bears fan following their success in 1985 but I just could not take to them. I choose the Skins and was disappointed when the Giants rather overwhelmed us 17-0 in the Championship game. Still there was always next year!

I stayed up and watched the Superbowl till 4 in the morning (not something I had ever done before being only 17 years old then). We went 10-0 down but then, the 2nd Quarter...Doug Williams, Ricky Sanders and Timmy Smith. 35 unanswered points later. Sheer euphoria.

Hi

I live in Mitcham, Surrey, and have supported the Skins since the early 80's. The first game I watched was the Superbowl between the Raiders and the Skins. I chose to support Washington as they were nearer to my home, and they played in the red of Liverpool FC (my other passion).

Around the same time, I played the game for the Croydon Coyotees for a couple of seasons, at wide receiver position. I wasn't particuarly great at it though, and reguarly found myself warming the bench for most of the game.

I am heading over for my first game this year to see the lads whip the Eagles at Fed-Ex......I can't wait. :D

Might also be up for another trip next season, dependant on dates and costs.

Darren

• 1 month later...

Since 1982 the same as most when the superbowl televised.

Live in Bristol and also attending the game at wembley, so would love to meet fellow skins fans there.

i have read about the colchester gladiators tailgate party and was wondering if it is ok to attend. does anyone have any info.

I attended the first game of the season this year at fed ex and plan to make a trip on an annual basis, so the idea of us all attending would be great and i would definately go.

:helmet:

Live in Bristol and also attending the game at wembley, so would love to meet fellow skins fans there.

i have read about the colchester gladiators tailgate party and was wondering if it is ok to attend. does anyone have any info.

I attended the first game of the season this year at fed ex and plan to make a trip on an annual basis, so the idea of us all attending would be great and i would definately go.

For more info, check out..

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211260

Should be a great tailgate party. We've got people from Germany coming over - it is being advertised on several german websites!

Anyone from over there coming over here for it?

For more info, check out..

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211260

Should be a great tailgate party. We've got people from Germany coming over - it is being advertised on several german websites!

Anyone from over there coming over here for it?

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. :cheers:

It's interesting to talk to foreigners about American Football... most "don't get it"... in their words. They think there is too much downtime in between plays and the rules are way too complicated.

So to read about all of you falling in love with the game almost immediately is interesting to me. I wonder if American Football ever really will catch on outside the states?

It would be cool, imho, to have teams based in places like London and Mexico City, etc. It would certainly lend more credibility to the title "world champs". It would also be cool to see some NFL starters come out of those countries, similar to the many NBA players from Europe, etc.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. :cheers:

It's interesting to talk to foreigners about American Football... most "don't get it"... in their words. They think there is too much downtime in between plays and the rules are way too complicated.

So to read about all of you falling in love with the game almost immediately is interesting to me. I wonder if American Football ever really will catch on outside the states?

It would be cool, imho, to have teams based in places like London and Mexico City, etc. It would certainly lend more credibility to the title "world champs". It would also be cool to see some NFL starters come out of those countries, similar to the many NBA players from Europe, etc.

Funny to read about how many fans from the UK started by watching that first televised game on channel 4.

I am a yank but was living in Scotland in '82. I thought I had died and went to heaven when they televised that game. Before that I had to follow the games on the radio (bad reception). I'm from Virginia and my best friend was from Maryland so we were big skins fans. Since the Skins started out slow and had fallen behind we decided that everytime the Skins got a 1st down we would take a shot of scotch. Needless to say that by the end of the game we were wasted.

My friend ended up sleeping in the bushes outside his house that night (couldn't figure out how to work the door). That game is one of my fondest memories.:)

Funny to read about how many fans from the UK started by watching that first televised game on channel 4.

I am a yank but was living in Scotland in '82. I thought I had died and went to heaven when they televised that game. Before that I had to follow the games on the radio (bad reception). I'm from Virginia and my best friend was from Maryland so we were big skins fans. Since the Skins started out slow and had fallen behind we decided that everytime the Skins got a 1st down we would take a shot of scotch. Needless to say that by the end of the game we were wasted.

My friend ended up sleeping in the bushes outside his house that night (couldn't figure out how to work the door). That game is one of my fondest memories.:)

500,000 people registered interest in the tickets for the London game, they sold out in an hour.

sky sports show 4 games aweek along with 2 on interactive. they also show nfl total access everyday..... i would say the game is getting more popular here.

I have noticed more and more people with nfl shirts in general this year, probably more after the london game as most footlockers here will now sell a bigger range of merchandise.

I didnt see any skins stuff in one though, just dolphins and giants.....but was told when asked about Redskins " As sales were very high and they could not keep up with demand all nfl team jerseys will be sold at footlockers in the future"

500,000 people registered interest in the tickets for the London game, they sold out in an hour.

sky sports show 4 games aweek along with 2 on interactive. they also show nfl total access everyday..... i would say the game is getting more popular here.

I have noticed more and more people with nfl shirts in general this year, probably more after the london game as most footlockers here will now sell a bigger range of merchandise.

I didnt see any skins stuff in one though, just dolphins and giants.....but was told when asked about Redskins " As sales were very high and they could not keep up with demand all nfl team jerseys will be sold at footlockers in the future"

i live in the sunny west mids (dudley), like most it was the 82 sb that did it for me (how good a runnung back was riggins!!), gibbs is an all time hero for me but i do wonder if the game has passed him by a little especially when it comes to clock management, i will be a skins fan till i die and just pray that gibbs can give us 1 more sb

Archived