Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New MNF Booth

GrimReefa

I thought that these guys did a bang-up job last night in the Baltimore/Cincy gig. Jaws was skilled at breaking down plays, Kornheiser obviously had more chemistry with him than Theisman, and the two played off of each other wonderfully.

I thought the highlight of the night - as far as the booth was concerned, anyway - was when Ed Reed ran back the punt for a TD. They put the path Reed took as a red arrow drawn on the fild, and all Jaworski said was "watch this run". Yo know that if Madden had been doing the replay he would have been impelled to narrate the replay with mundane comments like, "here he cuts right, and then left, and them BOOM! right through the middle...there's a block..." With the path highlighted you could see the potential trouble spots in the return before Reed got there and so you could watch the key blocks and cuts knowing exactly what was going to happen. That was the best football instant replay I've ever seen, and I can't wait to see more like it.

Jaws could write an essay on a 7 yard curl. The man breaks down footage better than just about any other analyst on TV, and is fair and balance his his descriptions. He's excellent.

Tirico is a pro, who can easily handle the who what when and why.

Tony is there for comedic effect, and does a decent job keeping it light. I really like the group.

Archived