Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kudos to the Callers on Redskins Radio

ATCRedskin82

For whoever called in to Redskins Radio...great questions asked to Coach Joe.

I was glad Gibbs was asked about the Shawn Springs saga, Wade/Heyer, Carlos Rogers 20 yard cushion, and bringing in another reciever. I know Gibbs doesnt answer questions head on at times, but it was good to see some insight on those issues. What did you guys think of the show??

Its tough for Gibbs to be able to answer those questions and not opening the doors to more questions they don't want out there.

I thought the way Larry acted at the end of the show, making fun of a caller and doing a stupid impression was bushleague.

He loves to point out mistakes, but when he messes up and says Portis broke the team rushing record last season, and then was reminded that Portis didn't play a lot of the season. His response was "He was hurt".

If it were the other way around, he would have gone supernova on that nonsense.

The thing that annoys me the most is that Gibbs doesn't answer any questions straight up.....Don't give me that nonsense that we have 3 starting DB's because we dont....Tell us the truth or just say I will not answer that question but to give us half ass information all the time is an insult

The thing that annoys me the most is that Gibbs doesn't answer any questions straight up.....Don't give me that nonsense that we have 3 starting DB's because we dont....Tell us the truth or just say I will not answer that question but to give us half ass information all the time is an insult

Totally agree. At least he named Wade the Starter..he kinda beat around the bush on the Springs saga saying we have three starting corners. No we have only one number one corner. He also kinda brushed off the whole Carlos Rogers giving a large cushion to recievers. It is insulting sometimes when Gibbs answers questions with 1/2 truths. I love hime to death and respect him, but as a fan thats frustrating. Im glad that the fan that called in about springs asked gibbs if this was another Lavar scenario with Springs being in Williams doghouse. Its a must listen if those of you that havent had a chance.. :2cents:

yall need to chill dam yall wont even give nobody a chance its our first game of the season ok

Riiiiigght.....I think some of us have reason to be concerned because this has been an ongoing thing with this team over the last few years. Could be nothing but more often than not it has been something.

I'm sure you answer every question completely straight up ...

He makes 5 million a year,he is head of a BILLION dollar franchise, he is on the radio with who knows how many people listening, and he knows what ever he says could potentially be splashed across every paper, website, and news show across the country ...

give joe a little a slack. :doh:

Did it ever occur to some of you that Joe Gibbs might like to retain a competitive edge against his opponents? You really, honestly think he's going to tell you dimwits exactly when and why the Skins might choose to call a backed-off man coverage or Cover-3 as opposed to bump-and-run.

Yeah, maybe he'll share his complete gameplan with us, too. Maybe he'll share the exact nature of every injury on the team, so we can understand when the Eagles -- hearing or reading this, too -- know exactly how to take advantage of our hurt players.

And of course, we all want to hear every sordid detail that goes on between each and every personality on the team. "Keep it in the locker room", indeed. We are fans. We deserve to know!

Ya bunch of ninnies!

Good gosh. If you know anything at all about football, you don't need the head coach to explain the difference between coverages, and when and why you play them. If you don't know, get a book or look it up on the internet. You can disagree with the tactics used, but don't expect the coaches to be accountable to YOU. Get real!

And just why does the coach owe you, as a fan, every detail about what goes on behind closed doors? Again, get real. Grow up.

Disagree if you wish. By all means, go ahead and believe that you might know more than the coaches and players. But if you expect, or even demand, straight, 100% honest answers instead of coach-speak, you really don't understand competitive sports.

Its tough for Gibbs to be able to answer those questions and not opening the doors to more questions they don't want out there.

I thought the way Larry acted at the end of the show, making fun of a caller and doing a stupid impression was bushleague.

He loves to point out mistakes, but when he messes up and says Portis broke the team rushing record last season, and then was reminded that Portis didn't play a lot of the season. His response was "He was hurt".

If it were the other way around, he would have gone supernova on that nonsense.

yeah i think bram let him off too easy.

Totally agree. At least he named Wade the Starter..he kinda beat around the bush on the Springs saga saying we have three starting corners. No we have only one number one corner. He also kinda brushed off the whole Carlos Rogers giving a large cushion to recievers. It is insulting sometimes when Gibbs answers questions with 1/2 truths. I love hime to death and respect him, but as a fan thats frustrating. Im glad that the fan that called in about springs asked gibbs if this was another Lavar scenario with Springs being in Williams doghouse. Its a must listen if those of you that havent had a chance.. :2cents:

Beat around the bush? What? What the heck else do you want him to say about it? Springs is important to the team, he had a hamstring issue, we elected to play it safe, end of story.

Goodness. :(

Beat around the bush? What? What the heck else do you want him to say about it? Springs is important to the team, he had a hamstring issue, we elected to play it safe, end of story.

Goodness. :(

UR right I just hope this doesnt turn into another Lavar scenario. If it does so be it....but I hope the best player plays.

What did he say about the Carlos Rogers 20 yard cushion?

Gibbs said, " We play up ALOT. He likes to play up. It depends on the situation and the coverage called. You can't play up all the time and press otherwise the other team knows how you will play them." :doh:

God sake Joe. I love you man but I have never seen Carlos play up on a reciever. Never. Ever. Never ever..:nono: We know he is going to give a cushion so I am fairly certain the opposing teams know that too.

Archived