Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upon Further Review... Anthony Montgomery

Zen-like Todd

Yeah, imagine that. Team player personnel knowing more than some so called expert mediot.

I must say; it does surprise me how little research is done by these self-proclaimed expert football analysts out there. Put it this way; if I were being paid decent money to write about a game that I love, I’d be sure to do a thorough job with some solid research before putting my name on it. And in my opinion, that’s really all it was. Most of the articles I read this past off-season never mentioned the possibility of Golston or Montgomery stepping up and playing better this year. It was all about how inept our front office was by not drafting or pursuing a defensive lineman.

To be fair, I suppose the truth will be told at this seasons end. If Golston or Montgomery have a better year than Adams and/or Okoye and also by what kind of an impact Landry has...

montgomery is no-doubt the better talent of the two...Golston is an overachiever and has a high-motor but when it all boils down to it you want to monster guy playing on the dline.

For people that bash our drafting, those two picks were big time and really helped us out. We need them both for years to come.

:cheers: i think fans are starting to realize why we didn't spend anymore draft picks or money on FA's for D-lineman, b/c of our young talent we have already established.

I think the real value of our d-line shows up like this:

L. Fletcher 12 tackles (10 solo, 2 asst)

R. McIntosh 12 tackles (9 solo, 3 asst, 1 sack)

Well said. Also, I was extremely impressed with Montgomery. I'm pumped more than ever about the incredible amount of work all of our young players (i.e. Campbell, Rocky, Montgomery, etc.?) put in over the offseason. Campbell looked average at best, but all his bad throws looked easily fixable and like throws that he routinely made last year so I'm not worried.

:cheers: i think fans are starting to realize why we didn't spend anymore draft picks or money on FA's for D-lineman, b/c of our young talent we have already established.

I said it all offseason. Carter was coming on last year, Daniels played injured, and the DTs will be fine. We did not need Okoye at all...

Landry is our guy!

What happened to Kedric Golston?

Nothing. Despite everyone's mancrush on Golston last year simply because he was a late-round starting draft pick, Montgomery is simply more talented. That's not to say Golston is bad, far from it. But based on his talent and his off-season of work Montgomery deserves more playing time.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187584&page=8&pp=15&highlight=golston

Here's an example of people thinking Golston will be better long-term than Montgomery mainly because he started in his first year.

Trust baby, Trust. I said it during the off-season that one of these guys would help on the line. Further, it's still early in the season and these 2 Montgomery/Golston still has a way to go. But with the signing of Fletcher, Griff healthy and moving Landry to the line. All we needed was a big body to get a descent push on the front. And Monty is a true big body, young and motivated. This my people is how you bring along late draft picks and find gems right under your nose. Salave was ok, but in exchange for Monty we couldn't pass that opportunity up.

Bottom line, if we stay the course and start drafting more and letting guys develop. Then, the organization is building for the future, that's why so many fan favorites are now being let go. Enough of the FA big spending and signing's. We needed a nucleus to start with and that's what we're starting to see. And with guys like Blades, Heyer and a few others waiting in the wings, we're starting to get some depth to only add on with all our picks next year except for the one we loss for Kendall. But I think Kendall was worth what we gave up for immediate help on a critical part of your team and a young QB. And now since Jansen went down, we're not looking at 2 holes on the OL line. Becasue wade can play his regular position and we're finding out that Heyer can too (haha).

Nothing. Despite everyone's mancrush on Golston last year simply because he was a late-round starting draft pick, Montgomery is simply more talented. That's not to say Golston is bad, far from it. But based on his talent and his off-season of work Montgomery deserves more playing time.Here's an example of people thinking Golston will be better long-term than Montgomery mainly because he started in his first year.
wrong k golston is a future baby clone of C Griffin... now Montgomery is another Chris Jenkins from carolina... they both are in the DT rotation helping Griffin stay fresh

I think the real value of our d-line shows up like this:

L. Fletcher 12 tackles (10 solo, 2 asst)

R. McIntosh 12 tackles (9 solo, 3 asst, 1 sack)

I'm pretty sure official league stats have

LF = 12 (11 and 1 assist)

RM= 12 (10 and 2 assists and a sack) And a forced fumble. And one nasty nasty hit.

Just sayin ;)

Nothing. Despite everyone's mancrush on Golston last year simply because he was a late-round starting draft pick, Montgomery is simply more talented. That's not to say Golston is bad, far from it. But based on his talent and his off-season of work Montgomery deserves more playing time.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187584&page=8&pp=15&highlight=golston

Here's an example of people thinking Golston will be better long-term than Montgomery mainly because he started in his first year.

Golston is by far the more athletic of the two, but I was real high on both. They are totally different types of DTs though, Golston in the mold of Griffin and Montgomery as more of a NT, and you use a NT in a 46, as well as often in the 4-3's we ran.

MOntgomery has enormous size and long strong arms, while KG is a little pitbull of a DT - room for both, and no room for your patronizing tone. :silly:

:notworthy :applause: :cheers:

Golston is by far the more athletic of the two, but I was real high on both. They are totally different types of DTs though, Golston in the mold of Griffin and Montgomery as more of a NT, and you use a NT in a 46, as well as often in the 4-3's we ran.

MOntgomery has enormous size and long strong arms, while KG is a little pitbull of a DT - room for both, and no room for your patronizing tone. :silly:

Archived