Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Is Shaq Racist?

goldenster95

Racism is overt hatred and the belief that a certain race is inferior to yours; The things you listed, TCO, are simply human nature. There's a big difference between the two.

Birds of a feather flock together. I've always thought this to be one of the most widely accepted adages in the world, although in the name of tolerance, it's often completely contradicted.

That's why we have cliques in high school. That's why tribes have been forming since the beginning of time. It's because of inate differences in culture; not because of hatred.

I do not believe in segregation. There is not one black person in my church, but if one was to join, he would be welcomed with open arms. Not shunned.

Cultural differences are beautiful, and are an integral part of life. It annoys me to see the government trying to force integration when both parties clearly aren't interested.

There's no law against inter-mingling, and there shouldn't be. Mother Nature has already taken care of that for us.

Mr Tang took Shaq's comments that way because he is himself, an Asian. Imagine you were an Asian kid growing up in Texas when Tang was. I am sure he got his share of what Shaq said about Ming. It might not be calling someone a "monkey", but it is referring to one's race in a non-educated way. Being Asian myself and living in Colorado for a period of my life, I know exactly what Tang is talking about. If some white guy or black guy said something like that to me, I would take offense, regardless of how funny he was trying to be. What would piss me off more is that I am not Chinese, yet those type of remarks are based off of what people think Chinese people sound like.

Shaq's probably not a racist, he just appears to be ignorant to certain issues. It was probably funny at the time, but in today's politically correct world, it had to have rubbed people the wrong way.

Why would Shaq have to apologize because someone said they were offended? Anyone who said, or thinks, Shaq should say he's sorry essentially thinks the name Redskins needs to be changed. It's as simple as that.

There was nothing racist or even stereotypical about Shaq making fun of the Chinese language. You see, Yao Ming speaks Chinese. It's not a stereotype. It's fact. And, if the test for offense is because someone would possibly think it's offensive, that means a whole bunch of you think the name Redskins is offensive, even if the people saying so are just trying to find a platform to express their ridiculousness.

Really, though, it's that simple. If Shaq made a stupid statement, then the name of Redskins is the same. If we're going to let the idiot who wants to say something is offensive define what offensive is, then, we're all lost. Wake up people.

Shaq made fun of the Chinese language. And knowing how Shaq speaks, it was probably said with a wink and a smile. The best response is that it's the same as a person associating a monkey with a black person. That's so ignorant and offensive it can't be stated in a paragraph. Yet, too many of you think if some idiot thinks it's offensive, it needs to be apologized for.

I assume then you think the fat arse who's suing McDonald's has a point. I mean, sure, eating fast food every day will make you fat, but if some moron says he had no idea, he must be catered to right? This is PRECISELY what too many of you are saying and it's very sad to see you say it.

I assume you agree with Johnnie Cochran that it's racist and offensive not to hire more black coaches right? I mean, every time some jacka$$ says something offends him we should apologize right? Wake the hell up people.

I dont think shaq is racist.

Immature with his comments probably.

I've met nice white people everywhere and I've broken my lefthand twice on faces of people like f1car twice when they had the misforutne of making comments within earshot of moi.

People are people.

Archived