Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calling all clubs

gridironmike

What do you guys do? Where do you meet? Details, details. I live in southern West Virginia. We have an unofficial club I guess. We don't have a name and we don't all meet together. But we all know who each other are and can count on the others for some Sunday company if needed. Some of us split some primo season tickets. I got my own season tickets this year and another one of my buddies was very close to me on the waiting list, so our "group" will have a few tickets now to go as a group. Just curious as to what your customs and traditions are.

I am in the "Husbands with Two Small Children Club." I consider myself fortunate that I can catch all the games on television. It's one of the few things that I'll actually demand ... not to miss a Skin game.

"Give me my 3 hours every Sunday during football season and the rest of the year I'm yours." (I wouldn't have it any other way) :)

I have added next year's HogFest to my list of demands, though. Going to find a way to make that. And, since we play in Carolina (regular season this time) I imagine I'll get my company tickets to that game. :D

I am also in the "Husbands with Two Small Children Club." I consider myself lucky that I can catch all the games on television. It's one of the few things that I'll actually demand ... not to miss a Skin game.

Now that doesn't mean I get to watch it by myself. I usually get to watch at least one half of the game by myself then I usually end up with my kids for the second half.

I'm in the single guy who goes over to brother's, ( who is in the husband with one child club), house club. It is a good thing that the nephew is usually away with his mom. Wouldn't want him to learn any more colorful expletives. :silly: (though he could learn some good technique in how to properly throw a foam brick or a hat at TV). He can say Cowboys suck very well though. :D

:cheers:

Although the Redskins do not officially recognize "Fan clubs" nor do they support any clubs. We have a club of about 35 diehards here in York, PA that get together every week to root for the Redskins. It seems like at the beginning of the season we have a packed house (usually about 75) at our little bar, but as the season wears on, the diehards are about the only ones that make it.

We do tailgate parties in the parking lot where everyone brings a covered dish and the club springs for the beer and the burger and dog, or chicken, etc.

I think our deal is that we are a pretty tightly knit bunch of fans that continue to keep the faith, regardless of the Baltimoron and Beagle fans.

HAIL TO ALL OF THE DIE HARDS :wave:

to the fair weather fans :jerkoff:

"Although the Redskins do not officially recognize "Fan clubs" nor do they support any clubs. "

I beg to differ with your pronoucement. The Washington Redskins UK Supporters Club was established in November 1983 as a non profit making organisation as agreed with Jack Kent Cooke, then Owner of the Washington Redskins...or so i'm told in every edition of our newletter

Our common bond is really this newsletter produced 8 times a year, although I know other members have organised trips to DC to see games and sometimes hire a room in a Pub and meet up in front of a video recorded Skins game.

My game routine usually involves spending the evening (time difference applies) listening to a web streamed radio commentary of the game and following it on NFL.Com (occasionally interupted if the kids create at their bedtime)

hey bill,

which bar is that in york?

i was in york for xmas, and was shocked when local coverage had the falcons on instead of the skin. had to go to tailgaters off of S. Queen St. not that it was a problem. got my father to drive my wife and i to the bar so we could get :alcoholic . good times. lead the bar in rounds of hail to the skins, much to my wife' s chagrin...

next time i'm in york during football season, we'll come to your bar of choice for the game for sure!

Ian, I'm also a member at the Fan Club here in York, Pa. I e-mailed the Redskins offfice this year asking about being officially achknowledged as a fanclub by the Redskins and they said that they do not currently do that.

DCHogs, currently its at Corkeys (check out the map on this site for directions) but we're having a meeting at the end of this month to vote for officers and maybe moving to a more centralized location. If it does change, I update the map.

Gridiron...I've been thru Crawley. I spent couple of years in Bluefield and we traveled up thru Beckley and the area a lot.

Like others my club is "married, two young kids, and two older

step children". Usually will get up to 2-3 games a year. Most

of time take bus up with local travel agency. Otherwise, everyone in house leaves me alone for 3-4hrs every gameday.

Archived