Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hindsight's 20/20: How do Dallas fans feel about not taking Stephen Jackson?

project myu

This is a serious question (if you check my post history, I don't really participate in trash talking with opposing fans). After watching the new Nike commercial, I was reminded of how the Redskins passed on Shawn Merriman for Carlos Rogers which still causes some debate.

Generally, the reasons given as to why the Redskins made the "right choice" are: Merriman takes steroids, Merriman only succeeds in a 3-4 scheme, we had Arrington, we lost Smoot and needed Rogers.

But once the Stephen Jackson portion of the commercial came up, I remembered the Dallas Cowboys taking a lot of flak for passing on him and drafting Marcus Spears instead (and later Julius Jones).

Did Dallas make the correct decision in passing on Stephen Jackson?

" was reminded of how the Redskins passed on Shawn Merriman for Carlos Rogers which still causes some debate." Shawn Merriman probably would suck in a 4-3 defense. So, im happy with rogers.

Why do you care? You should be happy that they picked a player worse than JAckson. Can you imagine playing against JAckson twice a year?

*shivers*

Not happy about it. I am holding out hope that Spears will turn into a monster under Phillips but I just haven't seen any evidence of that.

Same with Jones, I saw some brilliance early in his career, but seems to have regressed the last couple.

As bad as it is, it is not THAT bad of a move. Right now, both players start for the Cowboys. A bad, bad deal would be trading Schaub and then losing Vick for his career.

That is bad.

Man I remember that draft day when Jackson kept dropping and dropping. When Cowboys went on the clock I was crapping in my pants cause 'Boys need a RB and they were gonna get what really should have been a top10 draft pick but somehow they kept trading down. That cowboys offense is good now but it could have been scary if they had Jackson.

Well Julius Jones just doesnt have it..there are sparks at times...but overall he cant hang..he has no vision..he hits the pile and flops. He has had a few good runs/td's but then the sun even shines on a dog's ass some days.

Sadly Marcus Spears doesnt cut it either...2.5 sacks in two years...1 tackle today..no sacks..he is a DE..a starting..DE

However hindsite is for losers and historians..I am a fan..we could have had alot of things (like a defense)...but we dont...chin up, press on.

Archived