Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ben Patrick?

Hawkskin

Really wanted this guy when we selected Ecker but the cards snagged him first.......Well they cut him and I think we should pick him up........Anyone?

It appears he's strictly a TE. Are you proposing practice squad or signing him and dumping either Yoder or Boyd? Yoder seems OK and Boyd is listed at 6' 8", which makes him very difficult to match up against.

With no other background info, I'd be inclined to leave things as they are. I'm sure the FO will go after him if they want him.

i feel iI have to pipe in here...

I helped coach Ben at H.V. Jenkins High School in Savannah, GA briefly, and got to know him when he was at Duke, and later Delaware, when he would come back and visit his old coaches (I was an assistant baseball and football coach)...

He is a fantastic kid...I SOOOOO wanted him as a Redskin....he has the talent to play in this league, there is no doubt in my mind...when in high school he played every position on the field....honest to God, if Coach Bond could have found a way to have Ben pass to himself I think he would have....on draft day I wanted him with the "Palmer pick" because I didnt think he would get to our 7th round pick...and I was right....

he easily could have attended one of the bigger schools out of HS as a football prospect, but chose Duke because academics were equally important to him...

this kid is an all-world individual...."Redskin" material....when I saw he was cut (I had drafted him last on both my fantasy teams, sort of as an homage...) I got disappointed but really excited because I know he would fit here.....I am glad he got re-signed...he deserves to be in the league...in a day and age when we have Vicks and Pacmans and Tank Johnsons, we need more Ben Patricks....

He would have been a lot better than this "Boyd" character -- a complete unknown, and I can't think we saw that much in him besides his height.

Sorry, ES fans, but I've got to part company with several of you -- I just strongly feel the Redskins 'whiffed' on their waiver-wire transactions. Since Gibbs and Co. have gone ahead and done it -- I hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt Boyd is much beyond a one-year wonder. I think Patrick will be in league a lot longer.

Archived