Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper thinks Grossman is a 1st rounder!

Zen-like Todd

Draft Outlook: I expect Grossman to be drafted potentially as high as the middle of Round 1, with the only quarterbacks coming off the board before him figuring to be USC's Carson Palmer and Marshall's Byron Leftwich. Keep in mind, there are plenty of teams that will have QB as one of their top two priorities heading into the draft. That group is highlighted by the Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers, all of whom are picking in the top 10.

I think Kiper has listed 50 guys who will be "potentially drafted in the first round." Hell, he has Eric Steinbach listed at #8 on his so-called Big Board. What a load of crap. Steinbach will still be there at the beginning of the second round, and Grossman will be waiting until day 2.

Originally posted by MRMADD

I think Kiper has listed 50 guys who will be "potentially drafted in the first round." Hell, he has Eric Steinbach listed at #8 on his so-called Big Board. What a load of crap. Steinbach will still be there at the beginning of the second round, and Grossman will be waiting until day 2.

I dunno man - to me - Steinbech is the cream of the OG's. I have read some other opinions - dont remember where - that think he is better than the Hawaii guy - either way - they are both quality picks.

I would imagine a good combine will raise him (Steinbach) to a mid to late 20s pick.

Day 2 means he's drafted in the 3rd round or lower, which is too low IMHO. I think he's the kind of draft prospect that Ramsey was last year, a low 1st rounder or high 2nd rounder. And just like Ramsey, there are a couple of QB prospects who are rated higher than he is.

As for Spurrier, he's learned his hard lessons about his Gators in the NFL, and he's admitted to those lessons. If anything, I'd figure that he'll think twice before adding any more Gators, at least on offense, if he has an alternative.

I thought they started Day Two with the fourth round.

From what I've seen this year, I think I'd prefer Chris Sims over Grossman. Neither was particularly careful with the ball this year but I like Sims size. Grossman's just a bit over 6', isn't he?

But I'd prefer to see Ramsey allowed to develop. If we draft Grossman, the first rough outing from Ramsey will set off the chants of 'We want Rex.'

That's why keeping Weurffel makes so much sense. You never hear folks chanting, 'Put in Danny.' :silly:

You won't hear them chanting for Danny....:laugh:

But seriously, that is a great point... I truly believe that Shuler never developed because of Frorot and Turners lack of sticking with Shuler. I believe that the qb will suck if he doesn't know that he's the man. It's not the same as other positions, the qb is the leader and the rest of the guys are looking to him... If Grossman were here, Ramsey would never have a chance to develop and he would be looking over his shoulder, it would be a distraction. DW will be fine as a back up. Less controversy as well..

Ramsey needs to be the man for this team to succeed.. he has already won the players over, that in itself is huge.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Grossman being drafted in the mid first round in a draft short of franchise QBs is akin to horny soldiers picking up the bow wows after last call when the true babes left with the Sailors.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :notworthy

Navydave, this is why I love your posts. Short, honest, and to the point.

Archived