Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley Contract details - Canadian Press

dfbovey

I know that people will disagree with me, but IMO we made a huge mistake ginving him the contract before the season. Now that he has his money, he is going to get lazy, or even hurt. I just think they just jinxed his pro-bowl season. He does not have to play for a contract now.

I know that people will disagree with me, but IMO we made a huge mistake ginving him the contract before the season. Now that he has his money, he is going to get lazy, or even hurt. I just think they just jinxed his pro-bowl season. He does not have to play for a contract now.

yea lets sign him for 50 mil $ contract after he makes the probowl this year:doh:

Yes but he also has more incentive to play hard knowing the team took care of him when they didn't need to. Take a look at our hated rivals 2 hours to the north in Philadelphia. They always lock guys up before they need to and it seems to work for them...

Yes but he also has more incentive to play hard knowing the team took care of him when they didn't need to. Take a look at our hated rivals 2 hours to the north in Philadelphia. They always lock guys up before they need to and it seems to work for them...

Looking at other teams does not change the luck of our team.:)

yea lets sign him for 50 mil $ contract after he makes the probowl this year:doh:

What makes you think that he could possibly get more than the $30 million he signed for? Even Antonio Gates, is not getting that kind of money. And Cooley is no Antonio Gates. With AS, he might be used like tony Gonzalez, but he is no Tony Gonzalez. We essentially gave him a probowl salary without him ever making the probowl (I admit he should have made it in 2005.) All that said, Gonzalez signed a five year $31 million with $17 million guarenteed in January. To say that Cooley would sign for any more would be an overstatement.:rolleyes:

That won't happen with Cooley. Jason said he practices every bit as hard in practice as he plays in the games. Gibbs said that he has never even missed a practice.

I think in this case, this is not a guy who plays for the paycheck. He has a true love of the game, and that's very refreshing in the age of the salary trap.

You could argue that, if anything, he will play harder. He knows that if he gets hurt on the next play, a lot of his financial concerns have been taken care of.

If I was heading toward the end of a rookie contract, I'd be worried about getting hurt and losing the big payday. That concern has gone for him.

That won't happen with Cooley. Jason said he practices every bit as hard in practice as he plays in the games. Gibbs said that he has never even missed a practice.

I think in this case' date=' this is not a guy who plays for the paycheck. He has a true love of the game, and that's very refreshing in the age of the salary trap.[/quote']

I agree with his past work ethic. I hope now that he has received the money, it does not change him. But money changes people. I am also nervous about the injury bug. I hope he performs at a #1 level, because I have him on my Fantasy team.:D

You could argue that, if anything, he will play harder. He knows that if he gets hurt on the next play, a lot of his financial concerns have been taken care of.

If I was heading toward the end of a rookie contract, I'd be worried about getting hurt and losing the big payday. That concern has gone for him.

Very True. I never considered that. :)

I think in this case' date=' this is not a guy who plays for the paycheck. He has a true love of the game, and that's very refreshing in the age of the salary trap.[/quote']

I couldn't of said it better myself. A lot of players play just for the money, but I don't think Cooley is one of them. You can see that CC has the love of the game.

Archived