Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finally, A Good Game

Thinking Skins

Ah, I think the better team lost today.

If Cleveland hadn't gone conservative the last 4 minutes of the game, they would have won it.

And I know they were trying to run out the clock, but they haven't had a running game the whole game. They allowed The Steelers to get back into the game, the loss is on the coaching staff.

It looked like a Redskins game to me, as far as Cleveland goes.

Easy now, Rdskns2000. All the Browns needed was another 1/2 second of time and they would have tied it. Poor clock management is why they lost.

A few minutes prior to that last drive, watching the play clock run out before the Browns offense even gets to the line of scrimmage was pitiful. Yet another parallel to the Redskins offensive follies

And how about the Browns handing the Steelers 3 1st downs via penalties on the SAME TD drive, including a stupid unnecessary roughness call. Are we sure that wasnt the Redskins dressed up in brown and orange ?

Sounds as though some others saw it the way I did. Butch Davis did a nice job getting the Browns INTO the playoffs, but he took 'em out today.

It was like some Norvesque opera. The Browns are up 33-21....they haven't really stopped the Steelers offense, but the Steelers defense hasn't stopped the Browns aggressive passing game. So what do they do?

They go completely conservative. Run, run, pass, punt. William Green, one of the least instinctive runners I've seen, does that deal where he hits the hole fast and then, inexplicably, stops to look around and gets dropped.

On defense, Cleveland drops another guy into whatever it was they called 'coverage'. There's no real pass rush (that really ain't much of a defensive front for all the first round picks).

Butch Davis owns that loss.

Originally posted by Mick

Easy now, Rdskns2000. All the Browns needed was another 1/2 second of time and they would have tied it. Poor clock management is why they lost.

A few minutes prior to that last drive, watching the play clock run out before the Browns offense even gets to the line of scrimmage was pitiful. Yet another parallel to the Redskins offensive follies

And how about the Browns handing the Steelers 3 1st downs via penalties on the SAME TD drive, including a stupid unnecessary roughness call. Are we sure that wasnt the Redskins dressed up in brown and orange ?

They lost because there defense couldn't hold on to a 12 point lead. Every brings up the similiarities with the Skins' well it sure did look like the Skins under turner.

All the Browns defense had to go was hold the Steelers offense and they didn't do that.

Archived