Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2003 Redskins Draft

Fun & Gun

Now that the season is over we need to start thinking about the draft. Here are the players i think the redskins are looking for:

QB: Rex Grossman QB 6-1 218 4.95 : Knowing Spurrier as our head coach, he might pick him as a 2nd rnd or 3rd rnd pick. Has announced he entered the draft.

Rb: Earnest Graham RB 5-8 220 4.6 : Florida SR One of the best running backs to ever play for the Gators

Larry Johnson RB 6-1 219 4.6 Penn St. SR : We could nab him as a second round pick because Stephen Davis is gone.

WR: Andre Johnson WR 6-2 1/2 205 4.40 : Miami (FL) JR Has the size, speed, and talent to be a very special player in the pros.

Roy Williams WR 6-4 213 4.40 Texas JR: A supreme talent with an amazing combination of size and speed.

Rashaun Woods WR 6-1 1/2 187 4.5: Oklahoma St. JR Had an amazing junior season for the Cowboys

Kelley Washington WR 6-3 1/2 225 4.40 Tennessee SO-2: Neck injury is a concern, but still a major talent.

Taylor Jacobs WR 5-11 1/2 183 4.45 Florida SR :Senior year hasn't turned out like he expected

DE: Terrell Suggs DE 6-4 1/2 250 4.60 Arizona St. JR A sack machine who may be a top ten overall pick if he comes out.

Jerome McDougle DE 6-2 261 4.8 Miami (FL) SR Has followed up a great junior season with a strong senior campaign

Dewayne White DE 6-2 280 4.75 Louisville JR A sack machine who will figure very high if he comes out early

Cory Redding DE 6-4 255 4.9 Texas SR Never really lived up to his potential, but still a solid prospect

Jimmy Wilkerson DE 6-4 244 4.7 Oklahoma SO-3 Has all the physical tools to be special, but needs another year.

S Troy Polamalu S 5-10 209 4.5 Southern California SR Plays like a linebacker and makes things happen.

Mike Doss S 5-10 199 4.55 Ohio St. SR On his way to becoming a Three Time All-American with the Buckeyes.

WE don't need to draft a RB. We have Betts and Watson and will gamble with them in 2003.

Also, no Penn St RB's. They are busts. Every Penn St back the past 12 years has ended up being a bust.

AS for what we actually do in the draft; free agency will alter anything we may think of doing now.

The three players I do not want in the first round are Larry Johnson (how do you shake the Penn State bust thing?), Andre Johnson (nice Fiesta Bowl, Andre. Nice display of hands) and Rex Grossman (Let's just destroy Ramsey's confidence now).

I'm guessing the front office has all three targeted. Sort of like the beginning of 2000, when if you asked who my least favorite players in the league were, my answers would have been (without hesitation) Jeff George and Deion Sanders.

I Like Andre Johnson. You cant look at one game and say he has bad hands. Jerry Rice has off days. And he did have some big plays early until OS keyed on him. The guy is very much in the mold of Terrell Owens. Big, fast, and freakishly strong. Looking at the three year plan, we could draft him now and let him develop for one season before our big run in year three.

If we do indeed draft a WR in the 1st like the FO has indicated, both Rogers & Johnson will be long gone, IMO, Rashaun Woods is the next best WR, but we can probably trade down a few slots and take him.

A name that has not yet been mentioned, but should is Ohio St. DE Will Smith, chances are he'll be gone by no.13 as well, but he would be a good fit.

I'd much prefer a trade-down involving Raushaun Woods. In fact, if we could pick up two second rounders, a fourth rounder and a fifth rounder, I'd be more than happy to move right out of the first round.

There's enough talent at the positions where we need help to make that move a winner. We'd have 3 second round picks, a third rounder, 2 fourth rounders, a fifth, a sixth and 2 sevenths.

Hey, lets just take a couple of QB's, WR's, and RB's. We don't need to draft silly DLinemen, or OLinemen, who needs those, nobody's ever won jack with a dominant offensive line or defensive line. Hey, we've drafted around 5 OL, DL in the past 5 drafts and we've done fine.

:shootinth

We need to plug our holes in the draft.

FA doesn't offer too many options at OL, so we have to draft and OG or two.

Our WR's aren't half bad and there are a couple of guys we might pick up off-season. Snyder and Spurrier must be heavily scouting the position for the draft. If Roy Williams enters our chances of picking one greatly increase. Trade down is a good possibility if they go the WR route... (ATL, OAK, SF, NYG)

Our most glaring weakness (besides OL) is DL, both ends and tackles. Quickly aging and an injury away from being a poor unit. The draft is very deep at the position. There should be some good guys left in the second round too.

We need a safety to start opposite Ohalete, and think we can get a couple of steals in round three:

Jeremy Shabazz S NMSt (could be another Archuleta)

Jesse Sowells CB/S Houston

Antoine Sanders S Utah

Charles Tillman CB/S LA-Lafayette

And no QB please. Ramsey is good and going to get much better over time. No need to bring in another young gun, especially knowing SSpurrier's penchant for making changes...

WE don't need to draft a RB. We have Betts and Watson and will gamble with them in 2003.
Also, no Penn St RB's. They are busts. Every Penn St back the past 12 years has ended up being a bust.

Funny how you guys give Watson props and confidence for next year and then bash Penn State running backs all in the same post. You do know where he (Watson) graduated from don't you?

I don't think we necessarily need a running back either but if this man Johnson is available in the second round like Fun & Gun posted, you'd be crazy not to take him.

Originally posted by Rdskns2000

AS for what we actually do in the draft; free agency will alter anything we may think of doing now.

Agree 100%

DL, OL, WR, S and special teams players

Archived