Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Free Agent Target List

Buddha

In case you haven't seen it, I've finished my Free Agent Target List for this offseason. It's more of a menu than a shopping list, targeting players that may best fit the various needs the team has. As such, you won't be seeing some of the big names on this list if they are not what the team is looking for. I'll be constantly updating the list as players are signed and as I dig up more lesser known FAs and cap casualties on NFLPA.org.

Enjoy!

BG's Free agents from Buddha's list:

1.Jeff Blake(if price is right) solid back up

2.I'd love to see Holcombe from Tenn. here. Need a good pass catching back: James Allen could be good, although I am impressed with Betts' hands

3.Peerless, Peerless Peerless but keep Derrius he's earned it.

4. We don't need a TE. Zeron is good. He needs PT, Ramsey starting at QB and his crony Ladell starting at TB. Plus he's young like me.:cool:

5.Cut Kipp Vickers. He's a scrub. Reminiscent to the Shar Pourdaneshes of our franchise. I don't think Larry Moore knows enough yet. It' is hard to gauge the performance of the center when playing against a 4-3 or even 3-4 d. In the 3-4 nose t's tend to stunt to the other side, constant shifts will leave the center opting to block a linebacker or help with a double team. You could, however, see the lack of leadership on the line. The confusion when defenses shifted allignment or switched blizting schemes constantly baffled our o-line. I think the bulk of that responsibility lies with the center. I'd pick up a solid vetran for just this year and keep Moore around. He can also play gaurd as well. He did it a t BYU.Plus he's only 26. A nice young guy like me:D

6. Draft a LG and 2 Tackles. Extra bodies are important.

7. I don't think we'll be able to get any FA DE's. I'd go draft route here.

8. I'd like to see Dotsen play this year. Hopefully he's been training and rehabing. I still think he's got talent, wheather or not he can waljk is unclear. Obviously, Gardner is mandatory, Del Cowsette was decent and Pwell was quite good. Sign em!

9. I think Mitchell and Peirce give us solid depth. Resign if possible.

10. Got to get a free Safety. I'd go FA on this and sign Devin Bush. The guy has talent but hasn't quite reched his potential. He could show his talent at a minimal price for the Skins. Other then him, the rest are big $$.

11. Sign many kickers and punters and keep them........

Larry Allen just signed an extension last year that actually frontloaded his base salary a little so future years wouldnt be so expensive. Jerry Jones restructured Allen's contract to use up cap space in 2002 rather than in future years when the team may be a playoff contender. No way he is a cap casualty because his future cap numbers are not that high considering the type of player he is. The OL was a huge problem in Dallas this season partly because he only started and finished one game last year. I doubt Dallas will try to fix the OL by cutting the best lineman in football.

No way Allen gets let go. I doubt Dallas would give him up for a 1st round pick, let alone cut him. He is Allpro at guard and can be moved to LT where he made the pro bowl in the only season he played there.

Nice job Buddha, but I have one suggestion. I would drop all the RFA (restricted free agents) from consideration on the list, to reduce the clutter. The reason being that they rarely switch teams, and they are almost impossible to acquire. You can count the number of RFA's that have switched teams on one hand, during the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

Nice job Buddha, but I have one suggestion. I would drop all the RFA (restricted free agents) from consideration on the list, to reduce the clutter. The reason being that they rarely switch teams, and they are almost impossible to acquire. You can count the number of RFA's that have switched teams on one hand, during the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Most of the RFAs I have on there will likely be tendered, if at all, at low draft pick compensation. The exceptions are Coles, Darrell Jackson, and Dez White. All should be either signed to contract extensions or tendered at 1st round compensation-- at which point I'll remove them from the list. If for some bizarre reason they are left at 3rd round compensation, the Skins have to consider them.

I think Tim Rattay would fit very nicely in a Spurrier offence but I doubt San Fran lets him go. Like Mick I am a fan of Delhomme just based off that defeat of Dallas he enginered.

Im not so high on Peerless Price. I live pretty close to Buffalo and even their fans arent that high on him. I actually was at the Buffalo-Cincy game last weekend and he made lots of catches but seemed also to give up on alot of routes.

On the other hand Riemersma might fit well into Spurriers offence plan as a pass catching TE. But i think he might overprice himself.

I really hope we upgrade our special teams (kicker and punter).

Archived