Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sammy Knight

Tdog56Skins

We need a FS, not a SS. And Knight will likely ask for more money than he's worth.

Don't get me wrong, he's an awesome safety and one of the best in the league. But we have bigger needs, and would best help the team by signing a lesser known guy who can still get the job done.

By the way, I heard Chester McGlockton might be available this off-season? He could be an option at DT.

how much is a safety worth? :)

when you have to resign Gardener and then fill in at DE and the other DT spot if Wilkinson is released, how much money is left over to sign a name player there?

in my mind we need to find a bargain vet in the offseason who can come in and man the spot for a year or so while we groom either Andre Lott or another draft pick to take over.

Last year the Jets released Omar Stoutmire and he had a pretty good season in 2002.

Yet the Redskins didn't even give him a look.

That is the type of veteran player who has been with a winning program that we need.

After failing to land Rod Woodson or Corey Harris, I would have been after Stoutmire last August.

McGlockton is a guy who has been an indifferent worker over his career and has been a pain in the neck to coaches in Oakland and Kansas City.

He has mostly behaved himself the past 2 years in Denver, but Shanahan is an unusual coach in that he, like Parcells, can get these prickly players to work and buy into the program.

I don't have the same confidence that the Redskins are going to be able to get that type of commitment from him and at age 33 or 34 you would have to question what type of money he is worth.

Would I sign him for $1 million? Sure.

But he is going to cost more than that and Gardener is going to probably cost upward of $4 million a year if healthy.

I don't think we have the money to sign all these players.

We need a DT in the draft, preferrably in round 2 or 3 that can come in and give us a lift for $500K :)

I still think Herring is released by the Rams and Lewis makes a play for him. He was one of the up and coming safeties while under Lewis at Baltimore, yet I think the system in St. Louis isn't a good fit for his skills.

I can see Lewis getting him and a relatively low price to man the FS spot. Anyone be upset with that?

Archived