Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just a hypothetical Question! Guys,would you trade S.davis for C.dillon straight up?

michael_33

Now; don't jump my *** for this one,but i was just currious!

I know the cap implications and that it wont happen!

I also know there's a "no trade clause in his contract".

But,just in retrospect;what if snyder or whoever worked something out in his contract and wanted to get something for him!Would you make the trade?

I ask because my brother and I were talking about C.Dillon and how he or fred taylor would be perfect for SS Ofense.

But,i know all the "what ifs" and "can't do's" about S.davis ,but i just can't see us just cutting him like the wind just because he's expensive!

Here me now!We will get something for him!!

I don't know what,but surely this organization isn't this stupid!!!

Sure. I'd also trade him straight up for Favre or James or any other superstar.

Hell, I'd trade him straight up for an average punter. Why? Because when we release him, we're gonna get nothing.

But, of course, we can't trade him.

How old is Dillon? I know he hasnt been injured as much and we could probably get more out of him. Plus I would think that Dillon could work better in SS's system. I mean he's putting up tight numbers with no QB, imagine what he could do with a QB. I mean, I can see him getting 2000 yards in this offense.

This sounds more like a hypothetical fantasy football move than anything.

I wish we could trade Davis to get something out of him, but even the Bengals, if we COULD trade Davis, wouldn't give up Dillion for Davis. Dillion has had more productive seasons than Davis with much less on offense than the Skins have had.

They even restructured his contract so that he would stay with them longer. He may even have a no trade clause (I certainly wouldn't if I played for the Bungles). :laugh: :laugh:

Dillon is all the runner that Davis is, and now has better big play ability than Davis despite both having significant mileage on them. Also, he's a better pass-catcher than Davis. Finally, both are malcontents on their current teams and could benefit from a change of scenery. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

There is one thing that has always confused me about Dillon though. One week he will get 240 yards rushing and the next week he will get 14 yards on 11 carries. I dont watch Bengals games unless they are playing the Skins so I dont know if its Dillon's problem of being inconsistent, the O-line sucking (which i know they do) or the coaching given up on the run too early.

It would be interesting to see how Dillon would do behind a solid o-line in a run-oriented offence.

WHAT?:?: :twitch: :?: :twitch:?????? SD is one of the top backs in the league WHEN he has a competent O-line in front of him, AND a competent "head coach" that will use him to establish the ground attack, not to mention a CONSISTENT "squad captain" behind center.

By the way, how many games did we lose this season due to ineptness on behalf of SS? Interesting question, huh? I'd like to see that question in a poll with "overall" assessments on a remedy.......hell, I'd like to see SS fired and ML promoted with HIS choice of Defensive Cooridnator.......;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by DIESEL TROLL

WHAT?:?: :twitch: :?: :twitch:?????? SD is one of the top backs in the league WHEN he has a competent O-line in front of him, AND a competent "head coach" that will use him to establish the ground attack, not to mention a CONSISTENT "squad captain" behind center.

By the way, how many games did we lose this season due to ineptness on behalf of SS? Interesting question, huh? I'd like to see that question in a poll with "overall" assessments on a remedy.......hell, I'd like to see SS fired and ML promoted with HIS choice of Defensive Cooridnator.......;) ;) ;)

:gus: :puke:

Archived