Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IGN: It's official-Xbox360 price drop to coincide w/Madden release

blitzpackage

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811056p1.html

August 6, 2007 - Microsoft has just given word that it has officially dropped the price of the Xbox 360 by $50 U.S. dollars to coincide with the release of Madden NFL 08. Beginning August 8, the "Premium" system will retail for $349.99 (down from $399.99) and will still come complete with a headset, controller and 20GB hard drive. The Xbox 360 core system, which is the system only, has dropped $20 itself -- down to $279.99 from $299.99.

Elite version of the Xbox 360 for $449.99 (down thirty bucks from its original $479.99 pricing).

Big move for microsoft, they keep dangling the elite in front of me to trade in for :)

I reserved my version of Two Worlds the other day, and bought a 32 inch LCD 720p HDTV for my apartment, I don't think I should buy trade in for the elite until I am no longer broke :(.

Going to be interesting to see the "wars" really start up this holiday season.

I only have a PS2. I dont really know much about video games or systems. Is the 360 better than the PS3 for gaming. Hows the selection of games?

i'm in the same boat, i have a PS2 and dont know much about video games, i love playing madden and NCAA but thats about it. But my younger brother just got a Xbox 360 for his birthday. How good are the graphics for 360? Is it better then PS3? Is it better then PS2;) ?

i'm in the same boat, i have a PS2 and dont know much about video games, i love playing madden and NCAA but thats about it. But my younger brother just got a Xbox 360 for his birthday. How good are the graphics for 360? Is it better then PS3? Is it better then PS2;) ?

IMO 360 is what you want if you are looking for Madden, at least this year. It appears that developers are having issues programming for PS3 in some cases. Games like NCAA and Madden are running at 60 FPS on the 360 where as 30 FPS on the PS3. Down side to 360 is having to pay for their network. Good point is that it is more extensive network.

Here is a poll someone asked which system.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204197

obviously there are differeing opinion but I perfer the 360.

Microsoft is trying to clear the shelves of this current line of xboxes (elite included) because it has a new version of the 360 running on a new processor (that will supposedly not have the problems the other xboxes have) coming out this fall. That version will be cheaper to produce and slightly faster/smoother so you are better off waiting for the new xbox360 codenamed "falcon" instead of buying the last round of the old generation 360s now.

I was originally shopping for a ps3 or xbox360 but I couldn't make up my mind since the ps3 had superior hardware but no games and the xbox had too many technical issues. The best decision for purchasers right now is to wait, unless you are certain that you want a ps3, then I would buy the 499 model now before they leave the shelves.

Microsoft is trying to clear the shelves of this current line of xboxes (elite included) because it has a new version of the 360 running on a new processor (that will supposedly not have the problems the other xboxes have) coming out this fall. That version will be cheaper to produce and slightly faster/smoother so you are better off waiting for the new xbox360 codenamed "falcon" instead of buying the last round of the old generation 360s now.

By the Fall our 360 will be two years old and maybe we'll pick up an Elite based on the new innards. :cool:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/07/microsofts_next_move_code-name_falcon.html

Archived