Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2007 Scrimmage - Redskins/ravens (Final)

JimmiJo

I just got finished watching the scrimmage on NFL network. This is my opinion of what is looking good and what is looking bad. The Ravens looked sharp and hungry. Steve and Kyle both picked our secondary apart!!! I know we had a lot of second string in but WTF. How come the Ravens second string looked good?

The Skins run defense looked good, not excellent but good. London Fletcher made a nice play inside the red zone and it was a good move to bring this guy here. Hb Blades also made a good run stop in the red zone. If this is any kind of look into the crystal ball. I think we are going to have a great run stop defense this year.

The run game for the skins looked good and I look for another big year on the ground for the skins.

The passing game for the skins. The 7 on 7 did show signs of Campbell for me and what they have been working on in the off season. Campbell's mechanics looked better. The way he stands behind center is different and Jason threw a lot of short passes in the drill and were on target. Would have been better to see him in for the 11 on 11 . Campbell did not play because the coaches want a look at our QB depth. What a big mess we have there!!! Two old Q.b.s that are done. Brunell stunk the place up and Todd was not much better. Jordan Palmer is going to replace one of these guys may not be this year but next year it will happen.

I know this was a scrimmage but the Ravens looked so much more sharp!! I'm hoping next week for the preseason opener that we look like a different unit . The defensive line and secondary I will have my eyes on!!

I too just got to watch the scrim....Collins needs to hit the road...He may know the offense but he surely cannot run it. Brunell? WTF is he still doing here? Palmer and bramlet show potential. The raves did not look all that impressive...The TD came after a penalty gave them 4 more downs....The long pass play would have resulted in a sack or scramble in real game conditions. Considering they (Ravens) played way more first string then us on offense....they still suck. They do look deep on Defense..Our number 77 was woopin sum azz in 1on1 drills...Hard to tell anything from this little taste. Its just good to see the skins on the field again.

I too just got to watch the scrim....Collins needs to hit the road...He may know the offense but he surely cannot run it. Brunell? WTF is he still doing here? Palmer and bramlet show potential.

My thoughts exactly. I thought it was all the drugs that ruined my braincells, but I guess I am not the only one with this opinion. Besides I don't Brunell could get a job throwing those shirts into the crowd. His arm is not strong enough. Unless he dumped them off to the first three rows.

Nice pictures JJ... again. :notworthy

Another Helmet shot in there... nice, for some reason I really like those.

Thanx for sharing.

Thanks man! You know, Murf claims he started the whole helmet-shot thing but between you and me, I'm not buying it...

That's what gets me about the coverage. MASN treated the Redskins as if they were the Arizona Cardinals. What I mean by that is that MASN covered the scrimmage as if the only fans watching would be Raven fans. They had to know that there was going to be a large audience (I would argue probably larger audience than Raven fans) of Redskin fans tuning in and their coverage should have reflected this fact.

Certainly since they are the home of the Ravens, the Ravens should have been first and foremost in their coverage but to virtually ignore Jason Campbell during the 7 on 7s, to make excuses for the Ravens (it's the backups) while praising everything some scrub Raven does and make it seem like it's against the 1st team D, to laughably misidentifying Redskins players (Marcus Mason went from being Omar Stoutmire to Ladell Betts on the same series of plays), to interupting action on the field with endless interviews with Raven players. This broadcast had to be the worst broadcast I can remember seeing. The only thing that came close was the Ch.4 coverage of the Redskins preseason games back in the early 00's with George Michael as the play by play guy and doing perhaps the worst job I've ever heard by a play by play broadcaster.

Well put. The MASN coverage sucked balls.

My thoughts exactly. I thought it was all the drugs that ruined my braincells, but I guess I am not the only one with this opinion.rows.

RUined your brain cells, what sort of stuff did you use? And can I call you Michael or Mike, Mr. Irvin?

Archived