Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Is this the Season of Sean? (merged)

Lavarleap56

The only safety Taylor doesn't measure up to is Baltimore's Ed Reed, who had 232 tackles and 21 interceptions in his first three seasons.

Those stats are quite amazing man. Here's to us drafting as intelligently as the Ravens on the defensive side of the ball.

Whereas the first three years of Williams' defense were about throwing everything at opponents in an effort to confuse them, this year will represent a philosophical shift — putting together a game plan that adjusts to a player's strengths rather than having the player adjust his game to fit the scheme.

I sure hope so, it is about time he started doing this.

Great article. It was interesting to see how Sean's first 3 years stacked up against the other big name safeties in the league. My favorite part, however was where it said that for the first time they are going to adjust the scheme to fit the player's strengths, NOT the other way around.

I will confess that I have never been a huge fan of Taylors. Perhaps it's because I held Darrel Green in such high regard.

It started with the rookie symposium and went downhill from there. It's nice that everyone likes him but I couldn't give a ratz ass. All I want is production on the field.

A little consistency would be ok too and tackling would be a GREAT place to start.

One more down year and people are gonna start to talk! :secret:

I will confess that I have never been a huge fan of Taylors. Perhaps it's because I held Darrel Green in such high regard.

It started with the rookie symposium and went downhill from there. It's nice that everyone likes him but I couldn't give a ratz ass. All I want is production on the field.

A little consistency would be ok too and tackling would be a GREAT place to start.

One more down year and people are gonna start to talk! :secret:

Yea only 111 tackles last year. Damn Taylor can't tackle. :doh:

I think the only reason ST's stats don't stack up to Ed Reed's in terms of interceptions is because Baltimore's run defense is so stout. Ed Reed is free to play center field and use his athleticism to go make the INT...he still drops the boom everyone once in a while, but not nearly as much as ST as evidenced by the tackle totals. I think with a better run D this year, as well as Landry playing in the box more, ST will play a more Ed Reed type role. Look for his tackles to drop A LOT (which is a great thing for a safety) and his INTs to skyrocket.

Archived