Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Scott Van Pelt and Steve Buckhantz this weekend

HitStickTaylor21

So I was at The Starboard in Dewey Beach on Saturday night waiting in line to get in and I see Scott Van Pelt walk right behind me. He takes a different way in, I'm guessing they knew he was coming, but he goes in and I get in about five minutes later. As my friends and I get in, we go to the bar to get shots and standing right next to me is Steve Buckhantz. Van Pelt is just a couple feet away and they're just chillin at the bar, having a couple beers. They're surrounded by people and I only got a couple words with them, but they are incredibly engaging and personable. No ego, no entourage, just easy going guys out for the night. My friends kept bugging me to get Buckhantz to do "DAGGERRRRRRRRRRRRR" but I never got the courage to ask him to do it. They were hounded by drunks and cougars the whole time and neither of them got upset. I really admire those guys and now that I have met them, I appreciate them even more. Really cool guys, surprised to see them out like that. Just thought I'd share the story.

Nice, Van Pelt is a UMD grad I think and hardcore skins fan:D

Yeah, hes also an Alumni of my High school which is awesome. When my sister graduated, he was the speaker, and he was really funny and seemed like a cool guy. He also put out the serious message too. I really enjoyed his speech. I was hoping to run into him after the ceremony but didn't.

But thats a cool story HitStick. He is a really nice guy, glad you got to meet him.

Archived