Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade w/ Oakland

tulaneqb7

apparently espnews reported that redskins and raiders are planning to swap a whole bunch of picks that would leave the skins w/ Mo Collins, guard, and the raiders 1st rounder, and the redskins would give up their first round pick.

there were some lower round picks exchanged as well. confirmation? has this been posted already?

apparently espnews reported that redskins and raiders are planning to swap a whole bunch of picks that would leave the skins w/ Mo Collins, guard, and the raiders 1st rounder, and the redskins would give up their first round pick.

there were some lower round picks exchanged as well. confirmation? has this been posted already?

That's incredibly funny, I'd been thinking about that today. I knew we couldn't trade Sanders, but Snyder isn't an idiot. To say it has nothing to do with Sanders is ridiculously, it was obviously a gift by Snyder to the Raiders in order to grease the wheels for a possible trade. Hmm... but then again, isn't Mo Collins about to hit free agency? I wonder what the vagaries of this are. Also a bit premature, considering the Raiduhs are still playing.

I think there is definitely something a brew, and this is why:

I knew we couldn't trade Sanders, but Snyder isn't an idiot

Exactly TCO. No ****ING way snyder lets deion go for nothing. **** that. I dont care if they are in the AFC west, if they are in the NFL, we do NO ONE FAVORS unless we're getting a little something in return. Snyder knows this, because I, joe shmoe knows this.

It's probably BS, but I'd like to think Snyder isn't as stupid as his dealings with Deion make him out to be.

I see some benefit to dealing with the Raiders. For example, if we could put together a sign-and-trade deal with Stephen Davis, it would keep him out of the NFC East and give the Raiders a weapon they've been missing.

They'd also do a sign-and-trade with Collins.

It's something to keep in mind as we get closer to the draft. I hope it works out.

The Collins thing may not sound too far-fetched. Yes, he's a FA. But he's also a former Gator. If the Raiders gave assurances to the 'Skins that they wouldn't try to re-sign him, Collins might favor the 'Skins for obvious reasons (though I've heard some scuttlebutt that Spurrier didn't like one of his former linemen -- can't remember if that Collins or someone else).

This so-called trade of Mo Collins to the Redskins is B.S., I believe. Teams trade CONTRACTS not PLAYERS. :doh:

First of all the trading deadline is past for 2002. But even if it were not, the Redskins would not trade for Collins, when he would become a free agent in a few months and could sign with any team he so desired.

Then again Tennessee Carl could be right. If Collins was willing to agree to a new contract that was agreeable to both the Raiders and Redskins, the Raiders could resign him and swap him to the Skins in 2003. That would keep Collins from becoming available to other teams. But it would only work if Collins was agreeable to this in advance. :shootinth

Here are the details of the trade proposal, per ESPNews.

"Oakland gets

Skins first round pick, 3rd round pick, 4th round pick and 6th round pick.

Washington get

Oakland's first round pick, second round pick, and tampa bay's second round pick (through Oakland), G - Mo Collins and Oakland's 5th round pick

leaving Washington with

late round first rounder, 3 second rounders, no 3rd or 4th rounders, 2 5th rounder, and 2 7th rounders...plus Mo Collins. "

I think this is very interesting.

Hmm..., I think that works for me, given the team's needs. Now we just need for the Raiduhs and Bucs to get knocked out of the playoffs as soon as possible. :D

It means we don't get one of those franchise DE/DT types, but that may not have been possible anyways, given our likely position between 12-14.

Late 1st round we can still snag a DE, or Manuwai at OG, and in the 2nd round, we go after safeties, WRs, and whichever between OG/DE we didn't get in the first.

the only downside is how late thos 2 second round picks would be. but it would give us 4 picks (thanks TCO) in the first two rounds, which is kind of tasty...but not nearly as tasty as 5 picks would be.

Unfortunately, it would mean no Vince Wilfork, and that would disappoint me, but we probably wouldn't end up taking him anyway

the only downside is how late thos 2 second round picks would be. but it would give us 5 picks in the first two rounds, which is pretty tasty

4 picks. Honestly, if we were picking around 6-8, I'd like to hold onto the pick and snag a top-flight d-lineman, but since we're not, I think this would be a good move.

Archived