Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

75th anniversary of the skins being overlooked?. . .

mcarey032

As everyone on this board knows that the redskins are going to be celebrating their 75th anniversary this year. What was interesting to me was that I was watching the NFL network and I learned that the steelers are going to be celebrating their 75th anniversary this year as well. I Knew prior to watching this news report on the NFL network that they were celebrating their 75th anniversary. However, what I didn't realize was that the Steelers are getting a whole exhibit being put at the Pro Football hall of fame. They are going to have all five trophies from the steelers being on display along with other items. I am just curious, are we going to get the same deal from the Hall of Fame? Does anyone know what the plans are? I do realize that the steelers are in the hall of fame game, so that makes sense. But are the Redskins going to have the same treatment in terms of getting a display at the HOF?

I don't expect this being a big deal.....we already had the "big event" at 70 with the 70th greatest Redskins etc. Outside of the team/fans celebrating it, I don't expect to see it talked about much.

The way Danny Boy is, the marketing genius. He will find a way to make this year money maker. I am one of the lemmings that is currently salivating at getting my hands on one of those jerseys.

I'm not really sure to be honest, someone was telling me about him being in it. I think he said some images, a jersey, and his records, but nothing big.

That's basically it. There's a little glass case with his jersey and and some blurbs about his accomplishments. When I saw it, I considered it to be something of a peace offering to us. The people who run the museum don't pick who gets to have a bust made but they can still acknowledge the great players who haven't been voted in yet in the exhibits.

**** the Hall of Shame, they dont need to do anything Redskins-related until Arthur Monk is inducted.

:doh: Art Monk said he doesn't even care if he gets in. With that in mind, I don't care if he gets in. He was a great player, and a great Redskin. Being in the HoF won't change that for me.

Archived