Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mortenson: snyder won't seek compensation for Deion!!!

BCS:BraveCaringSoul

This is an outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is true and Snyder does not seek any compensation for the rights to Peon then Snyder has pulled the ultimate :gus: .

Jack Kent Cooke would never do anything like this. In fact, when he owned the Lakers and Wilt Chaimberlan retired the same type of thing happened. Cooke had a long term deal with Chaimberlan. Another team tried luring Chaimberlan out of retirement with a big $$ contract. Cooke would not release Chaimberlan's contract without hefty compensation. Cooke told Chaimberlan that if he wanted to play basketball then come back and play for the Lakers.................................. Chaimberlan never played again.

After what Peon did to the Skins and the opportunity to get something out of it............................ This is a no brainer. Does anyone think that Al Davis would not seek compensation............ He held Tampa out for ransom with a lame duck Coach.

Unbeleivable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This sucks...

Meanwhile, the Washington Times reported Monday that the Redskins are considering whether to file tampering charges against the Raiders for contacting Sanders in violation of NFL rules. The Redskins own the rights to Sanders.

The Times did not cite sources for its report.

The Redskins placed Sanders on the "reserve retired" list last year after he refused to report to new coach Marty Schottenheimer and retain his rights indefinitely, according to the newspaper. The Raiders were required by NFL rules to get the Redskins' permission before contacting Sanders.

However, Daniel Snyder, the Redskins' owner, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Monday that he will not stand in the way of the Raiders signing Sanders nor would he seek any kind of compensation.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1223/1481607.html

I think its the wrong move, but Snyder is the guy that paid Deion 8 million for one year, so if he wants to do it this way I am not that upset about it. All I'll say is that the Raiders have never done anyone any favors, so it would seem only right to put the screws to them, but its not a huge deal one way or the other.

This is it. I wish this pu-ssy wasnt our owner. I'll stop short of wishing ill on him, but barely. I will boo little danny boy any chance i can get. I hope he never shows his face at a game. He is driving this proud franchise into the ground. He is the worst owner I've ever seen, except maybe Bidwell.

I'd rather have Art Modell as our owner.

F' little danny boy. He's had Slime Time's co-ck up his *** one too many times it seems.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

this would be a bad move by Snyder, but not that stupid... i mean, seriously, what are we looking at? 6th rounder? 7th? wow?!

i swear -- the moment something happens -- whether it be large or small -- the Snyder bashers join together at the hip and dance in the streets...

if anything, Deion is going to *hurt* the Raiders more than help them... who really cares?

Originally posted by THiTo28

this would be a bad move by Snyder, but not that stupid... i mean, seriously, what are we looking at? 6th rounder? 7th? wow?!

i swear -- the moment something happens -- whether it be large or small -- the Snyder bashers join together at the hip and dance in the streets...

if anything, Deion is going to *hurt* the Raiders more than help them... who really cares?

Damn beat me too it - and you know how the FO would have used that 6th or 7th round pick? On another RB probably :laugh: or as their first OLineman taken in the draft!

I have no problem with him playing with the Oakland Raiders," Snyder told Mortensen. "We don't care. If it were the Eagles or Giants, it wouldn't happen. All Bruce Allen has to do is call me direct and it will happen. I love Bruce Allen, and I love Al Davis, and I think it would be really exciting."

Why is little Danny kissing the Raider's collective a$$e$? Where is the self respect. Now every player in the NFL knows we're wusses.

If you have the right to get draft picks, particularly when you're running a team that's building for the future, you take that opportunity. As Yomar said, it's not like Al Davis is going to return the favor. This is idiotic!

Let's put this in perspective. Yeah, it may only be a sixth or seventh rounder, but wouldn't a competent punter or place kicker look good filling that draft spot? How about a decent guard or center prospect? Or a special teams gunner? Again, if this is true it's stupid.

You guys must not have any principle then. Deion f'd us over, and the only solace we could take from his azz-rapage of Snyder was the fact that Marty forced him into retirement on OUR terms. The draft pick is NOT the big deal, but the principle is. Letting that robber get off scot-free is pathetic. Danny doesnt put the good of his team first, apparently. He is putting his obsession with his butt-buddy Deion over principles.

This is what I wanted all along, That pick would be cursed. Cursed I tell you, cursed. We would have drafted soembody with all the talent in the world who happened to slip to the seventh round. Then he would come into camp demanding to be paid 1st round money cause thats where he should have been drafted. Then when wefinally settled on what he should make, he would come in here and cause mad chaos ("i want to wear number 28. I dont care if its retired, make it happen. ", "Well I want to wear number 21. I dont care if Smoot wears it. I'm better than he is anyway. Why dont you cut him and start me there anyway. I know I'm an offensive lineman, but I can play corner if I want to." "Spurrier is not the coach I want. We should have kept Norv. he's the coach I really wanted to play for". )

Well, it wouldn't be a good pick.

Originally posted by THiTo28

Normally I am a supporter of Synder but this was his chacne to get a little diginity back form the:jerkoff: Sanders gave him when he left. I guess i am mad because I have this horrible dislike for this jerk(peeon) and I was hoping Synder would also.

I guess it is possible that Synder don't care about Sanders and that could be a good thing:rolleyes:

I think my biggest problem is my own personal dislike of Peeon adn Ithought I could see him get some that he deserves

And this could be total horse**** from Mort too...

He HAS been known to spread false statements...he ranks up there with John Clayton in the "I made up a story" department for ESPN.

Perhaps we should just wait for the thing to take place (Deion signing) - before we criticize. Its not done yet and you guys are talking about it like its already happened.

It's not even the draft picks that bother me. It's the principle of the thing. Deion hoses us big time and then he wants to come back into his "perfect" situation and ... we just let him? No way!

I'd play major hardball with his sorry a$s simply for the pure pleasure of doing it. The fans want to see it, so give it to them. Don't let him run the show!

Buddha,

What good would the cap relief do though since Deion is off the books come June 1?

Perhaps though - can we agree on this - that this is not the final word on the Deion thing? Maybe we need to WAIT UNTIL DEION SIGNS WITH THE RAIDERS before we criticize Snyder for not doing this or that? The deal hasnt even been freaking finalized.

Originally posted by Brave

It's not even the draft picks that bother me. It's the principle of the thing. Deion hoses us big time and then he wants to come back into his "perfect" situation and ... we just let him? No way!

I'd play major hardball with his sorry a$s simply for the pure pleasure of doing it. The fans want to see it, so give it to them. Don't let him run the show!

ok, but then you're playing hardball with the Oakland Raiders... not that i give 2 sh!ts about the Raiders, but i'm sure Snyder is good friends with Allen and Davis... when you look at all the NFL owners, which 2 are most hated? the hated usually stick together and maybe Davis will do a "favor" for us in the future... maybe not... but, really, who cares?

i already said i disagree with this move and i think Snyder SHOULD get compensation... but, it's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be... someone said they'd rather have Art Modell? because of this? are you kidding?

really, people, calm down... just like carlsbadd said, it's not the Giants or Eagles... it's the f-in Raiders... Deion sucks -- he's not even worth an undrafted free agent... and if he does good, look on the bright side -- maybe it'll be against the Iggles... the Raiders are an AFC team that have NOTHING to do with us... if we can help them, fine... i'm sure they'll remember we scratched their back and when the Redskins starts to itch, well...

I'm pissed at Snyders quote that he loves Al Davis and the Allen guy. Its irrelevant. Snyder has to do whats best for the redskins, and that includes getting draft picks whenever and wherever you can. Personal relationships aside.

On top of that Its Peion! Just out of self respect we have to demand something in return for his one year 8 million dollar charade.

He is probably just trying to stay on good terms with Davis and Deion at the same time.

Archived