Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just bought my first BBQ

artmonkforHOF

Just bought my first new BBQ for my house, nothing special jsut a small good grilling surface for my meats and such. I am looking for some good BBQ recepies that are not your usual BBQ foods like burgers, hot dogs steaks etc.

Does anyone have a unique BBQ recepie they would care to share or know of a good website? Im looking to grill things like fruits & veggies, different cuts of meat (mainly beef & pork) maybe some cheeses wrapped in meat like bacon or anything good that would be classified as "unusal to grill".

Thanks in advance.

Take any BBQ recipie and add Jack Daniels or Southern Comfort...money!;):D

Try grilling corn on the cob in the husks, wrap baked potatoes in foil after you coat them with salt, pepper and butter.

Ka-Bobs are a nice option, you can put all the fruits and veggies and meats on there you can imagine!

Grilled Pineapple is awesome!

Always remember your cooking times, if your cooking something like tomatoes and potatoes, make sure you cook or "blanch" or pre-cook your potatoes so they arent undercooked or your tomatoes dont get burnt!

HTH:2cents: :logo:

As far as steaks go, i dont normally marinate my meat, but decided to try the jack daniels marinade one night, and holy cow! that stuff is pretty damn good!

Otherwise i just use salt/pepper and Montreal Steak Seasoning on my steaks.

Famous Daves Sweet n Zesty BBQ sauce kicks a $ $, especially for chicken, i dont make my own sauces or marinades.

Hotdogs and hambugers? dont use anything on those.

Guest sith lord
As far as steaks go, i dont normally marinate my meat, but decided to try the jack daniels marinade one night, and holy cow! that stuff is pretty damn good!

Otherwise i just use salt/pepper and Montreal Steak Seasoning on my steaks.

Famous Daves Sweet n Zesty BBQ sauce kicks a $ $, especially for chicken, i dont make my own sauces or marinades.

Hotdogs and hambugers? dont use anything on those.

The A1 New York Steakhouse marinade is also good. As for hamburgers, use ground round and add an egg, worcestershire sauce, chopped onion and salt and pepper. That equals the greatest hamburger you ever tasted.

Ribs - babyback or Spare -

Rub liberally with:

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup reg. sugar

1/4 black pepper

1/4 paprika

1/4 red pepper

1/4 salt (sea or regular)

Indirect grill (middle burner off) ribs on foil for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees

Take off grill - place in pan - PUT in OVEN - and pour apple juice over the ribs - 1 hour at 300

Take out of oven - put on grill at 300 for 10 minutes - sauce to your liking.

Falling off the bone good!!!!

Tal

Here's a grilled veggie recipe that went over well at our 4th of July party. Sorry there aren't many exact proportions, but I was making it up as I went along.

5 medium-size tomatoes (choose tomatoes that will stand up without rolling over)

1 medium red onion

1 green bell pepper

Grated cheese - something that melts well, like fontina or mozzarella

Chopped kalamata olives

Olive oil

Balsamic vinegar

Basil, oregano, thyme, parsley

Bread crumbs (optional)

Slice the red onion into 1/2-inch thick slices, and quarter the bell pepper and remove inedible parts. (Seeds and core.) Marinate for a few hours in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and grill until there are nice grill marks on the onions and the skin of the peppers has blistered. About 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove the skin from the grilled peppers, and chop both into a bowl.

Cut the tops off the tomatoes and scoop the insides into the bowl. If your tomatoes are very juicy, you might want to strain some of the liquid out before adding the tomato guts to the bowl. Add the herbs, chopped olives and cheese, and toss to combine. If your mixture is too watery, add some breadcrumbs to bind everything together. Salt and pepper to taste.

Finally, stuff the tomatoes with the mixture and grill the stuffed tomatoes. 5-10 minutes if you want the tomatoes to be firm, 15-20 if you want them to be soft. Don't grill them too long or they'll fall apart.

I love a good steak or burger on the grill. No need to kill it with any sauce if it is a good cut of meat.

One of my favorite recipies is a shish-kebob w/ shrimp, chunks of pineapple, yellow red and orange bell peppers, maybe some red onion as well. Yum-yum!!!!

Archived