Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 players in supplemental draft.

BALLz

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/supp_eligible.htm

Morgan State DT Robert Armstrong

Florida State DT Clifton Dickson

Maryland OT Jared Gaither

Central Missouri DB RoShawn Marshall

Connecticut DB Donta' Moore

Georgia DB Paul Oliver

Nebraska OT Chris Patrick

Utah State DT Brian Soi

East Central (Okla.) OT Aaron Turner

Texas State-San Marcos LB Mark Washington

Anybody in the ATN like to see their team go after any of these guys. I don't think I would want the Skins to use a pick on anybody but if any of the DTs or OTs don't get drafted we should bring them in for a look.

Sorry Cowboys fans, no Steve Walsh's for you to spend a first rounder on this year.

Here's a question. Has any player taken in the supplemental draft turned out to be a stud? I can't remember if anyone ever became an impact player.

Cris Carter was the only stud. Bernie Kosar was a supplemental draft pick. Not really a stud tho.

Here's a list of all the players drafted in the supplemental draft. I didn't recognize any of them as being studs.

http://www.drafthistory.com/supplemental/supplemental-drafts.html

Cris Carter was the only stud. Bernie Kosar was a supplemental draft pick. Not really a stud tho.

Here's a list of all the players drafted in the supplemental draft. I didn't recognize any of them as being studs.

Mike Wahle and Jamal Williams are probably the biggest names to come out of the supplemental draft. Williams is a bonafide stud NT, and Wahle (along with Rivera) anchored Green Bay's line for years (I believe he's been in Carolina the past couple of seasons).

I'd like the Skins to use a 3rd or 4th on that monstrous OT from Maryland - Gaither. Kid is 6'9, 350. If Buges can't whip him into shape, nobody can.

I don't want to waste any draft picks on these guys. Just say no Vinny!

I agree. But I think the only ones that will get drafted will be Oliver and Gaither. I guess the others would be UDFAs. I wouldn't mind bringing in one of them for competition purposes. I also think the Mark Washington guy played some DE in college. He's around 260lbs. He might be worth a look if he goes undrafted.

I found this for anyone who doesn't know how the supplemental draft works:

In late summer, the NFL also holds a Supplemental Draft to accommodate players who did not enter the regular draft because they thought they still had academic eligibility to play college football. Draft order is determined by a weighted system that is divided into three groupings. First come the teams that had six or fewer wins last season, followed by non-playoff teams that had more than six wins, followed by the 12 playoff teams. In the supplemental draft, a team is not required to use any picks. Instead, if a team wants a player in the supplemental draft, they submit a "bid" to the Commissioner with the round they would pick that player. If no other team places a bid on that player at an earlier spot, the team is awarded the player and has to give up an equivalent pick in the following year's draft. (For example, RB Tony Hollings was taken by the Houston Texans in the second round of the Supplemental Draft in 2003; thus, in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Texans forfeited a second-round pick.)

Rob Moore was a fine WR for a lot of years that the Jets got in the supplemental. In fact, I believe he even led the league in receiving one year.

I don't want to waste any draft picks on these guys. Just say no Vinny!

I wouldn't mind bidding a 6th or 7th for Gaither. We're going to need o-line help at the tackle position in the near future so it wouldn't hurt to start a project now. It sounds like Gaither would have to lose a few pounds to play tackle, so having an extra year with him might be a good thing. However I definitely would not like to see us use any thing higher than a 6th, and I wouldnt not be upset at all if we simply ignored the supplemental draft much like we ignore the regular one.

Archived