Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Tank Johnson Under Legal Limit

jimster

When I used to go running in my neighborhood back in NoVa, where I didn't have sidewalks, the biggest jerks were the ones who went speeding by me way over the speed limit, I felt like a living version of Frogger.

You're old enough to know about Frogger?:D j/k

I really like that analogy!

TheFan

this is why you have to wait for the justice system to work in most cases instead of overeacting Mr. Goodell. now the Bears look foolish following your lead.

I really don't understand this line of reasoning.

As an organization, the Bears have supported this player multiple times. At some point, you have to look at a situation and ask your self if it's worth the resources being put into it. From the Bears perspective, he is a player who is facing an 8 game suspension that could be 6 if he stays out of trouble. They have millions invested in him. This player is not even smart enough to avoid drinking and driving, regardless of his BA level, and is out driving in a residential area at 3:30 AM. This, shortly after being specifically told to stay out of trouble. You don't think that the club has also warned this player about does and donts? You don't think that at the very top of the list was, Don't be out late. Don't be drinking and driving? This guy lost his job because of a lack of discipline, a lack of commitment and a lack of gray matter. To me, the Bears look smarter then they ever have for cutting this player lose. Why keep guys around you can not depend on to be smarter then the average teenager. IMO, this player has shown the Bears that he can not be trusted and is not worth the long term investment. Perhaps he will wake up and be a good player for somebody else but for the Bears, all that is being accomplished by them continuning to support him is a pattern of enabling him to continue to be an idiot.

JMO

I really don't understand this line of reasoning.

As an organization, the Bears have supported this player multiple times. At some point, you have to look at a situation and ask your self if it's worth the resources being put into it. From the Bears perspective, he is a player who is facing an 8 game suspension that could be 6 if he stays out of trouble. They have millions invested in him. This player is not even smart enough to avoid drinking and driving, regardless of his BA level, and is out driving in a residential area at 3:30 AM. This, shortly after being specifically told to stay out of trouble. You don't think that the club has also warned this player about does and donts? You don't think that at the very top of the list was, Don't be out late. Don't be drinking and driving? This guy lost his job because of a lack of discipline, a lack of commitment and a lack of gray matter. To me, the Bears look smarter then they ever have for cutting this player lose. Why keep guys around you can not depend on to be smarter then the average teenager. IMO, this player has shown the Bears that he can not be trusted and is not worth the long term investment. Perhaps he will wake up and be a good player for somebody else but for the Bears, all that is being accomplished by them continuning to support him is a pattern of enabling him to continue to be an idiot.

JMO

Ugh, you're an idiot. All that matters it that he was under the legal limit!!! Endangering lives doesn't matter. Speeding doesn't matter. A lengthy history of suspensions and arrests doesn't matter. All that matters is being eight one-thousandths under the legal definition of drunkeness, DUUUUUH!

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your post. :cheers: (What an inappopriate smiley for this thread)

That's funny. When I read NewCliche's response my first reaction was to look at his age, then I scrolled down and saw that you must have done the same thing.

Not to say that NewCliche was wrong in any way, but that was certainly a sentiment I expected to read from an older citizen.

When you know people who've died due to speeding and drunk drivers, your age, concerning some things, can be a lot different from the number derived from a birth certificate, you know?

Ugh, you're an idiot. All that matters it that he was under the legal limit!!! Endangering lives doesn't matter. Speeding doesn't matter. A lengthy history of suspensions and arrests doesn't matter. All that matters is being eight one-thousandths under the legal definition of drunkeness, DUUUUUH!

:rolleyes:

Thank you for your post. :cheers: (What an inappopriate smiley for this thread)

Perhaps, on the other hand, Tank is out of a job and you, my friend, are supporting a position that the Bears have clearly, already ruled upon.

If you can't tell that I was being sarcastic, then you need to re-read my other posts.

Appoligies. No, I did not recognize this when reading through your post. Clearly, had I read the rest of your post, specifically the smiles, I would have understood. Once again, my appoligies for the confusion on my part.

Appoligies. No, I did not recognize this when reading through your post. Clearly, had I read the rest of your post, specifically the smiles, I would have understood. Once again, my appoligies for the confusion on my part.

. . .I'm not used to maturity like this on the board. It's very welcome. :)

Are you joking? 25 is winding roads and a residential area. This isn't going 80 in a 65; this is going 63% over the speed limit. Did you know that if he were going 10MPH faster, then it would be a felony? At .072 he's still slowed down on judgement and risking the lives of himself and whoever is walking in a RESIDENTIAL area.

Please don't drive anywhere near my house if that's the attitude that you have.

Most cops I've talked to don't pull people over until they are going faster than 13mph over the speed limit. Going 40 in a 25 isn't unusual or considered extreme, but in all likelihood the cops were looking for possible DUI suspects at 3 in the morning and the first thing they look for are people that are speeding so they can pull them over and then see if they are intoxicated or not. If he was driving around say 3 o'clock in the afternoon and going 40 in a 25, he would likely not be pulled over unless he was in a school zone.

Other than that, he's still an idiot.

YAKUZA

Guest RideorDieChic

Regadless of anyone's opinion, Tanks alcohol test is UNDER the legal limits. Limits are set for a reason, if it took Tank 20 or 8 beers because of his size it is irrelevant:doh: .

The only infraction he seem to have committed that night was speeding, which most of us do on a regular, be it 5 miles over the limit; technically, is still breaking the law.... the debate of going on about speeding in residential area is just absurd, as if speeding on a highway is safer and shows better judment and regard for others, compared to speeding in residential areas :laugh: . Going over the speed limits is speeding ANY and EVERYWHERE it happens...

Bottomline: The Bears acted hastily on this one. Oh well two tears in a bucket, if Tank gets another chance by any team (which he probably will), hopefully this incident along with his myriad of other "bad judgements" will help him make better choices?... LOL yeah, right.

Archived