Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion contacted by Raiders?

PCS

The guys on CBS keep talking like Deion will be in a Raider uniform next weekend. I don't see how that would be possible since the trade deadline has passed, unless Deion was granted an unconditional release without compensation.

And that, I think, might push many of us over the edge...

Originally posted by The Angry Buddha

The guys on CBS keep talking like Deion will be in a Raider uniform next weekend. I don't see how that would be possible since the trade deadline has passed, unless Deion was granted an unconditional release without compensation.

And that, I think, might push many of us over the edge...

==============================================

i'm wondering how we can pull this off to buddha.danny better not outright release his little buddy deion.if were not getting cap relief or picks somehow LET HIM ROT IN HELL.

I get that too Buddha. Be with the really curious if that's the case with the unconditonal release. I notice not one word about him being under contract with the Skins.... see if that happens later today or tomorrow.

:cheers:

Originally posted by CounterTre

Bah! Stick it to that SOB and make the conditions unmatchable by Oakland. Eff Deion and his whole family.

I agree with this ALMOST totally, except that I would deal with Oakland, but it would have to be at considerable cost to them. And I'd stick to it. They meet my initial demands or that clown Deion can stay in the TV studio.

Deion stated he would join them in the playoffs. So I’m wondering since the Skins season will be official over next week, and therefore he is no longer counting against the cap. Does that make him eligible to join another team in the playoffs?

This is a snippet from an article on ESPN.

"Raiders senior assistant Bruce Allen told ESPN on Sunday that Sanders is not available because he is still on the Washington Redskins' reserve list. When reached, a spokesman for the Redskins said Sanders is not on the Redskins reserve list and is retired."

As I recall, there was a debate not too long ago that Barry Sanders could not return to a different team until the contact time he signed on with the Lions was up. D$ion signed a seven year agreement in 2000 correct?

My ultimate fantasy for this situation? D$ion makes it to Oakland and gets toasted for a game winning TD. If he could get cleated by the WR on his way to the endzone, that would be a bonus!

well, according to this article from the Times, ( I know, I know), at the time, Sanders was placed on the list. As for whether or not he's still on that list ...................sigh........ :gus: :shootinth :doh:

http://www.webskins.org/TWT/0701/072802.html

My understanding fromwhat I've read is that the Redskins would have to give permission to the Raiders to speak with sanders.........if he's still on thatlist. If the Redskins spokesman is right then they don't.

Since Deion is on the reserve-retired list, we own his rights for the remainder of his contract if he decided to return. From the CBA--

16. EXTENSION. Unless this contract specifically provides otherwise, if Player becomes a member of the Armed Forces of the United States or any other country, or retires from professional football as an active player, or otherwise fails or refuses to perform his services under this contract, then this contract will be tolled between the date of Player’s induction into the Armed Forces, or his retirement, or his failure or refusal to perform, and the later date of his return to professional football. During the period this contract is tolled, Player will not be entitled to any compensation or benefits. On Player’s return to professional football, the term of this contract will be extended for a period of time equal to the number of seasons (to the nearest multiple of one) remaining at the time the contract was tolled. The right of renewal, if any, contained in this contract will remain in effect until the end of any such extended term.

His contract "tolled" in 2001 with 5 years remaining. We would have to reactivate him in order for him to be "unretired," and at that point he would be under contract with us until 2007.

If he wanted to go to the Raiders badly enough, I'd make him give back his entire remaining signing bonus-- so long as it would give us an IMMEDIATE cap rebate. I don't think there is a scenario where we would be able to get any compensation from the Raiders unless the league granted some kind of exemption. And there may be merit in doing that. Deion would undoubtedly boost playoff ratings.

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

I want a 2nd or 3rd round pick for that F'ing turd!!!!

Otherwise the Raiders can F'ing rot in hell for all I care. We have the advantage here. This is their last chance before cap hell catches up with them.

If the league lets us deal him for picks, I would ask for no less than their 1st and 3rd next year. They have two first rounders and picks coming out their arses, plus everyone knows they are absolutely DESPERATE to go to the SB. It's time to pay them back for suckering us into taking Calvin Muhammad and Malcolm Barnwell!!!

Originally posted by The Angry Buddha

Since Deion is on the reserve-retired list, we own his rights for the remainder of his contract if he decided to return. From the CBA--

16. EXTENSION. Unless this contract specifically provides otherwise, if Player becomes a member of the Armed Forces of the United States or any other country, or retires from professional football as an active player, or otherwise fails or refuses to perform his services under this contract, then this contract will be tolled between the date of Player’s induction into the Armed Forces, or his retirement, or his failure or refusal to perform, and the later date of his return to professional football. During the period this contract is tolled, Player will not be entitled to any compensation or benefits. On Player’s return to professional football, the term of this contract will be extended for a period of time equal to the number of seasons (to the nearest multiple of one) remaining at the time the contract was tolled. The right of renewal, if any, contained in this contract will remain in effect until the end of any such extended term.

His contract "tolled" in 2001 with 5 years remaining. We would have to reactivate him in order for him to be "unretired," and at that point he would be under contract with us until 2007.

If he wanted to go to the Raiders badly enough, I'd make him give back his entire remaining signing bonus-- so long as it would give us an IMMEDIATE cap rebate. I don't think there is a scenario where we would be able to get any compensation from the Raiders unless the league granted some kind of exemption. And there may be merit in doing that. Deion would undoubtedly boost playoff ratings.

Deion isn't on the reserve/retired list anymore. :doh:

If he wanted to go to the Raiders badly enough, I'd make him give back his entire remaining signing bonus-- so long as it would give us an IMMEDIATE cap rebate.

We are paying him for one more week only. His cap hit ends this year, so I dont think we get cap relief, Danny may demand some cash back for himself though.

Im willing to let him keep the money as long as we get a draft choice, a 3rd round pick at a minimum. We gave up 2 of them to KC for Schottenheimer lets get one back.

Archived