Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would anyone take Jake Plummer here?

blugene

No thanks. Granted he's been on a bad team for his whole career, but Jake has never really impressed me. He can run, but he's always up there for the most interceptions and worst Qb rating out of all the starters each year. He's not fit to hold Ramsey's jock.

Pass

I don't know. I see players like Rich Gannon and Vinnie Testeverde who played for poor teams and looked poor and then resurrected their careers with a new team. I always thought Plummer could have been a damn good quarterback with the right system and/or surrounding players.

if you put Plummer on a team with a running game and some healthy receivers, let's say the Dolphins or Bears, he will be in the pro bowl in 2003 :)

Plummer is just 28 years old. As some have mentioned, he has never had a real threat in the backfield to play off of and his line for the most part has been a revolving door since he was drafted.

At this point I think Ramsey is a good enough talent where I would not tie up the money necessary to get Plummer, but if the Skins hadn't already made an investment in PR, Plummer would be a good fit here.

Plummer has spent his career throwing lots of BAD interceptions because he doesn't see the field very well. He has had some EXCELLENT WRs to throw to during his career and it hasn't helped a great deal. He has had adequate, if not great, RBs during part of that time as well.

A great deal of his stats have come from his facing prevent defenses late in games that the Cardinals have been trailing.

I'd not even consider spending starting-QB money to get him.

What Blakman said....what we need is more of a Kent Graham/Rodney Peete mentor type...someone who is not a real threat to Ramsey as a starter, but who would give us a chance to win if we had to go to him in the event of injury. Guess what...we've already got that guy, Shane Matthews...the only problem with Matthews as backup is he doesn't embrace BEING the backup. I'd sit down with Matthews and see if he would like to hang around another couple of seasons with the understanding that this is his role and that the only way he sees playing time is due to injury. We need to spend our money at other positions is Ramsey is anointed 'the guy' by SS, which I think still remains to be seen.

Archived