Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Praise for ramsey from Lenny P

GrimReaper21

From The Morning After:

It probably galls Steve Spurrier a little, since he really wasn't all that enamored of Patrick Ramsey this spring, but the rookie and first-round draft choice took another substantial step on Sunday. The former Tulane star threw three touchdown passes and zero interceptions in a loss to the Eagles. That should signal to The Ol' Ball Coach that it's time to stop the quarterback carousel. And we're talking about next season, not in the two meaningless games remaining on the schedule, for a team that is going nowhere. Dump those two former University of Florida quarterbacks and bring in some wise veteran to serve as tutor for Ramsey in 2003. Give the kid the job, worry about fixing all those other problems, and you'll be in the playoffs in a year or two. Ramsey is a bigger, physically stronger Rex Grossman, and that should mean something.

Is he trying to make SS look stupid or something? I agree with a previous poster that benching Ramsey was one of the best moves he made this year. Ramsey needed to take some time out and learn what he was doing wrong. Now he is coming back and looking a lot better than he did at first. I think I trust SS a little more than Lenny P when it comes to QB's. If one of our QBs is stinking up the joint, then are we supposed to run that philosophy of 'this is my guy and I'm gonna stick with him' and watch him lose game after game for us? SS has already said that he's going to stick with Ramsey, but he has his own tactics for developing him as a player. How about we leave it up to SS as far as how he does that?

Is he trying to make SS look stupid or something?

Well, I think Spurrior's done enough to make himself look pretty stupid a time or two this season all by his lonesome.

Anyway, you have to expect lenny the hut to pile on the redskins in any manner he can; isn't that his job as an drooling mediot?

Archived