Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor - Tuna to Dallas

ChrisFul

Kerry Collins is definitely good enough. He has been to two NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. With the supporting cast he will have next year and hoping the injuries won't pile on as much as they did this year, he will have very good numbers. He could throw for 4000 yards this year with an injury depleted WR corps. As far as Fassel goes, I give him tons of credit for what he has gotten his team to do this year. With all the free agency losses and all the injuries, it is amazing he has the Giants in the position they are in. And the Giants have money next year to fix any holes they need to fill. I think the Giants are in outstanding shape for the next several to few years to come.

I kinda of agree with TOm on the Giants, even though it really pains me to admit, the only question I would have is even though they have the cap room will the owner use it? I think Collins gets a bad rap, he is improved and as TOm said the WRs there are depeleted badly and he still has had a decent year. But I am not sure I want to say they are better than us, we played them very close and we made mistakes to lose those games so we were not beaten soundly by the Giants( I might be a little biased)

Now for PArcells going to Dallas, I believe it had to be a little more than football talk, if it was a 5 hour meeting there had to be a job offer involved but Bill knew better than to say that to the press because Campo was still working there. If Bill goes to Dallas, I thnk it would be a great move on JJ part. ABout us not being able to beat Parcells, well what was our record vs him when he was in NY?, also we can't beat them with Campo so if he is so bad it must be the coach we have to beat:doh:

ABout us not being able to beat Parcells, well what was our record vs him when he was in NY?, also we can't beat them with Campo so if he is so bad it must be the coach we have to beat:doh: [/b]

True enough, 57

Who cares about Tuna if we've lost 10 in a row regardless of the coaching staff or roster?

But, even if Tuna does go to Dallas ... so what?

Tuna is the exact sort of old-school mean-spirited defense/ball-control coach that Spurrier loves to hate. The kind of guy he'd gladly go for a 2 point conversion in the 4th quarter when it's 62-0.

If anything, Tuna would awaken the true rivalry -- not just this inexplicable curse.

Imagine: Two big-mouthed coaches who absolutely hate each other

The No Fun League NEEDS it.

:laugh:

We are gonna lose to the pukes because the Fat Tuna is the coach???

we lose to them anyway, it doesnt matter who the coach is.

its kind of interesting how everyone seems to think Parcells will run rings around Spurrier. If he's that good then why the heck didnt we hire him last year?

Im not sure I see Parcells and JJ getting along in Dallas, ol rubber face is gonna have to give up some of his GM responsibilties and I dont know how enthusiastic he will be to do that.

Remember as good a coach as parcells is he didnt take the Jets that far, and this time he has to do it without Bill Belecek (sp?) who many believe is the primary reason for Parcells' success in the past.

Parcells = playoffs. And he's in an ideal situation in Dallas b/c his style of football, smash-mouth, ball-control, w/ a tight defense fits Dallas strengths. Tuna will add a veteran QB, Dallas will go 10-6, and everyone will talk about what a genius he is.

:doh:

Originally posted by Storm

[bRemember as good a coach as parcells is he didnt take the Jets that far ...[/b]

Actually, didn't he take the Jets to the AFC Championship? They went from a very bad team (1-15) to AFC East Champs and to within one step of the Super Bowl in 3 years under him.

well, nothing new in the interview with Mort just now. Pretty much the same as last night. No job offer ect.....

You got it Brave. Parcells first season with the Jets his record was 9-7. (This after a 1-15 record under Kotite). Next year 12-4 and lost in the Championship. Year after he went 8-8. His last year there.

:cheers:

Yea he does...... It's almost as if there was alot of Jerry saying "What if I did this? Think a coach would like that kind of deal?" wink...wink...nudge....nudge " Oh yea", says Parcells, " I can see how a coach would like that kind of deal. I mean...if I were to come back coaching? That would be a deal i would like to see." wink wink nudge nudge.

:cheers:

I was at the boys/iggles game last night.

Front row...beside the cowboy tunnel.....directly above the Babe Laufengerg interview with JJ. When JJ came out there...the section became quiet....like we were all trying to read his lips. (With that surgery, that was a difficult feat.) The same stuff as reported yesterday according to what it being written today here. Several fans yelled at players as they were coming out of the tunnel......"Y'all ready for Tuna Time." That had to be a distraction.

Campo came out of the tunnel to many BOOs. Lots of signs about firing him. The Dallas Morning News reported this morning he came out to some fan support. I truly didn't hear any at all. The DMN also reported a fan hugged him....yes that did happen.....but she is on the field at every game and hugs everyone.

On a side note:

The fans around me......and in the other section I went to once the beer was spilled in my hair (a fight behind me......I decided to move to other seats I have....so not to ask y'all to bail me out of jail this morning)....were talking constanly about the possibility of that move. As the game wore on........the louder the talk.

The game was pitiful........truly. I should have taken a book to read. There were four fights in the section I was in..on rows immediately above me. At the Thanksgiving game.......in all my Redskin attire......no one said anything obnoxious. THE IGGLES FANS WERE SOOOOOO OBNOXIOUS. I wanted to kick butt, and I don't even like the boys!!!!!!!!!!!! Security was running up and down the stairs most of the game asking the iggles fans to get out of the aisles.....so much taunting.

Blondie

I'll say one thing...if Parcells takes the job, he is one or two meltdowns away from a big heart attack. With his cardiac history, and the fact that he clearly doesn't take care of himself, the stress of coaching alone is dangerous. I honestly think thats what forced him and kept him out of coaching up to this point. If he were Dan Reeves and trying to live a healthy lifestyle it might not be a factor, but he's a walking timebomb physically. If he does make the jump, he won't make it for long. I hope for his sake he stays on the sidelines. And when we are so pathetic that we FEAR who the other NFC coaches are, we have truly become...well...pathetic.

Archived