Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finneran out for 2nd straight season for Falcons

Eagle091

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=5177

Last week, Finneran had his second reconstructive surgery on his left knee in two years and will miss the 2007 season, coach Bobby Petrino said Thursday.

Finneran, 31, missed last season with a severe knee injury. He hurt the knee again in May while going through rehabilitation.

"He had a lot of differing (medical) opinions and decided last week to go in and get the reconstruction surgery," Petrino said. "It's a 9-to 12-month recovery period, and unfortunately that means he's out for the season."

The second major injury to the same knee could be career-threatening for Finneran, who led the team's receivers in 2005 with 60 catches and 611 yards.

Certainly back luck for Finneran. But bad luck for the Falcon's, too, with Finneran being their leading reciever the last time he played. Everything thing they try to help Vick seems to go to pot :doh: .

That team could be a mess this season, with Vick's off field problems.

This is the type of player I'd like us to get next year as long as he's recovered and is 100%. He could be that BIG WR everyone wants.

He'll be 32, coming off 2 major knee surgeries (to same knee) and won't have played foot ball in almost 3 years. If it was Jerry Rice or Tim Brown when they were that age, I could see it, but not Finneran.

He'll be 32, coming off 2 major knee surgeries (to same knee) and won't have played foot ball in almost 3 years. If it was Jerry Rice or Tim Brown when they were that age, I could see it, but not Finneran.

True, but 32 isn't a death sentence and I'm sure he'd be cheap. I was watching the NFL Europa and there are a couple of big WR's that I like. One played for Frankfurt Aaron Hosak who is a FA/Continuity player and Marcus Maxwell of Hamburg. Both of them are over 6-3 and are big body types. Maxwell's rights are with the 49ers though. I also like PK Sam of the Fire, but the Dolphins have his rights. We have Ryan Hoag who is 6-3 and played with Berlin, but was injured most of the year.

Archived