Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If You Were GM...

MRMADD

Which statement most accurately reflects your mind?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which statement most accurately reflects your mind?

• Pessimistic: Need General Manger
    • Pessimistic: Need new coaches
    • Pessimistic: Team Beyond repair
    • Optimistic: Spurrier will figure it out
    • Optimistic: We just need a few players

I think you have to link some of these moves.

we need to resign SOME of the free agents. we have to land an impact player or two at the top of the draft order.

AND we need to clear out some deadwood and guys that don't fit into Spurrier's scheme of things for the future.

It is going to be an active offseason :)

I think what I would do is on Dec. 30 I would release Shade, B. Smith, S. Davis. In round one of the draft I would select DT, DE or OG depending on the player value. I would not draft a WR this year. I have heard the the arguments about not having a clear number 1 but with out solid OL play it wouldn't matter is the Skin's picked up TO. I would also say obviouly without sold DL play(pass rush from all four spots) Champ and Smoot will look even more mortal.

Do you think Dan will offer me the job?

:pint: :high: :pint::cheers: :jerkoff: :gus:

I would cut Davis today and I wouldn't tell him, I'd let him read about it in the papers.

I would offer Champ and LaVar in trades to see how many draft picks I could get for them.

I would tell Bruce Smith and his "I'm hanging around to break a record" a$$ to hit the road.

I would tell Spurrier to stop listening to all the fans and media and do things his way.

I would fire Marvin Lewis just because I know he's probably looking for another job.

I would draft as many talented players as possible and teach them most of all, the importance of team play.

<<I would cut Davis today and I wouldn't tell him, I'd let him read about it in the papers.

I would offer Champ and LaVar in trades to see how many draft picks I could get for them.

I would tell Bruce Smith and his "I'm hanging around to break a record" a$$ to hit the road.

I would tell Spurrier to stop listening to all the fans and media and do things his way.

I would fire Marvin Lewis just because I know he's probably looking for another job.

I would draft as many talented players as possible and teach them most of all, the importance of team play.>> Code

Sounds like we've got one vote for "tear the team apart and start from scratch!"

Since we seemed resigned to cutting Davis and Big Daddy, and stand a 50/50 chance of losing Jansen, and will be showcasing a 2nd year QB, we will suck next year. The best thing for the long term health of the franchise would be to realize the future is '04, and take all the cap hits in 03, rather than waiting 'til after June 1.

If we get a quality GM or pseudo-GM running the draft (someone other than Vinny), and structure or re-structure deals so that we have free space in '04, we could completely turn things around in SS's 3rd year, by which time Ramses will hopefully be on all thrusters.

Originally posted by MRMADD

<<I would cut Davis today and I wouldn't tell him, I'd let him read about it in the papers.

I would draft as many talented players as possible and teach them most of all, the importance of team play.>> Code

Sounds like we've got one vote for "tear the team apart and start from scratch!"

--------Might not be the only one. I:?:

After being so overly unimpressed by the draft this year (except for Ramsey?) I am rightfully weary of any future drafts and releasing/cutting players even though that issue is unavoidable.

Yes we need to teach the young guys to play together

Yes we should cut the players who have no heart and do not put foth the utmost effort

yes we need to draft or land an impact player

--------but maybe we need to develop. Maybe we need to suck the next few years in order to weed out those who wont perform, those who are money grubbers and those who have no talent. We need a quality GM. I am unaware of Cerrato's involvement in the 2000 spending fiasco. I'll tell you if he was, he should not be the GM. We need someone with an eye for talent. Spurrier was able to do it on a college level. Without the aid of signing bonuses and luxury items(at least I think :rolleyes: )

Look (Dan Snyder) you've invested in a highly touted college football coach. In a few years is when you can tell whether or not this guy can be something in the NFL. Build around him. GIve him the tools and authority he needs to be sucessful. Bring in some old gurus as consultants for him. Get him(and Snyder) well versed in the knowledge and traditionm of our organization.

Do what it takes not just to be good one year, but to become a dynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said other.

I think you have to start with the OL and the DL. It's an old cliche but if you can run the ball and stop the run your pretty sure to make the playoffs and see what happens. A general statement, I know, but truthfull.

Which means Janson and Gardner would be a priority.

Fun and Gun is fine as long as we can run a little bit. (discussed here hundreds of times)

Oh yeah.............I'd keep SD. (if the damn CAP allows)

:pint:

Archived