Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley on the Radio

D-Day

I heard it. Cooley might be the most classic example of a Redskin that I've ever seen, right up there with Art and Darrell. I'm not even kidding, he's such a fantastic talent and such an incredible person.

If he leaves the team, then I would give up faith in the organization. I'd still love the team, but it'd take a major blow, and I would cheer for Cooley every chance that I got. What an effing role model.

Interesting.

Cooley says talks on a contract extension have been ongoing since January.

LaCanfora says as of the weekend, talks toward a contract extension had not begun, and he wondered what the team was waiting for.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200121

Interesting how far off reality and a beat reporter's blog can be. But, the good news is Jason finally took the ribbing that he's never at Redskins Park the right way and began showing up. With hope, this will give him sources in the building, like the players and such, to help him get the real information out there for us so he doesn't get burnt as often blogging from home talking to all his "football people".

In JLC's defense, not that I'd ever dream of doing this again, but Cooley never said that contract talks actually started, he just said that he THOUGHT they did, but apparently did not.

Of course, arguing with Art over connotations and denotations of words, as well as their context, can get me called an idiot without breaking the personal attack rule.

:silly::cheers:

I have to say if we lose cooley, that would be one of the saddest days in my time as a Redskins fan.

But hey theres good news...

We wont. He's gonna get signed the only problem is he might get more money then he deservese. so waht? hes a great player and he deserves a lot of money. I would rather overpay Cooley then lose him and spend the money on another free agent bust.

Heres to Cooley being a life-long skin!

:cheers:

Everyone saying that cooley shouldnt be the highest paid TE is OUT OF THEIR MINDS.

1. TEs dont make that much compared to other positions. Making him the highest paid TE doesnt mean he'll make anywhere near what dockery got, for example.

2. No big name TE has been signed since the CBA EXPLODED.

3. Cooley can have the biggest contract, but alot of the money will never be seen without a restructure. The contract will undoubtably be heavily backloaded. Whatever we sign cooley to, he will realistically see about 50-75 percent of it... unless the CBA continues to rise at a high rate. For example, in 5 years, a base salary of 10 million/year could seem like chump change for TE.

Cooley will become the highest paid TE - that is for sure. But what is also for sure is that he won't hold that title for long. Lesser talented players will be making more than him within a year. This is the nature of things in the modern salary cap era. get used to it.

In JLC's defense, not that I'd ever dream of doing this again, but Cooley never said that contract talks actually started, he just said that he THOUGHT they did, but apparently did not.

Of course, arguing with Art over connotations and denotations of words, as well as their context, can get me called an idiot without breaking the personal attack rule.

:silly::cheers:

I can't listen too it at work but if memory servers me he did say that they started in January but apparently the way it works is that they fax some numbers to the redskins and then they wait a month and then send something back. So maybe not serious, lets do lunch and get this done before dinner, numbers but apparently their has been communication.

I personally consider this talks just not serious negotiations. If the above is true then Jason was wrong.

But unlike a lot of people I don't consider someone making a mistake a big deal when it comes to football talk as long as they admit it when they are proven wrong.

Is Christy a cheerleader for the skins?

She was! She got the axe for having relations with Cooleys supposed 'massive member', which is against the rules. (Cheerleaders arent supposed to have relations with players.) Just another reason Cooley is the kucfing man! :laugh:

Archived