Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ducks win

tizzod

Well....that was a giant ****ing waste of time....

I'm a Sens fan.

I can't believe how they got owned. I guess the one positive is, it's always nice when a team wins it all at home.

Congrats, fairweather Ducks fans.

:cheers:

P.S. I'm psyched to see the two goalies shake hands, but all too often the networks miss that anymore. I hope I see it now.

EDIT: Once again, don't show the goalies shaking hands. I hate that. But I was a goalie. :D

Sens suck..Go Caps!

Well, I should clarify. The Caps are my team, but I lived in Ottawa for 2 years, so you can't live in a city in Canada that has an NHL team and not be saturated with it. So I was pulling for them.

Dammit. Plus, Bryan (The Lisp) Murray coached the Caps for how long?

You gotta love the handshakes in hockey. Beat the holy bejeezus out of each other for up to seven games, and then line up and show respect. IMO, that's one of the very best parts of the game.

Lord Stanley's Cup is one badass trophy too. Awesome history there.

'Grats to the Ducks.

Now let's ****ing GO Caps!!!!

I was happy when Hartford won. I liked their colors....the green and blue W with the whale tail...it was sweet.

That was a nice uni, an unpopular opinion I share with you. :cheers:

Props to the Sens, though tizzod. A classy organization with a VERY classy looking uni in their own right.

4 hours from now the Ducks will be on the sunset strip snorting coke off Lord Stanley.:doh:

Nah, come on. But that is the beauty of that tradition. Each guy can do whatever the hell he wants with it. You couldn't get away with that in the NFL, because eventually it would be Pacman or Tank Johnson's turn. :laugh:

Hockey is awesome. And I absolutely cannot believe Americans don't get it.

I actually had a guy tell me once, "I hate hockey. It's too slow. On my life, he said that. :doh:

That goes up there with "If it weren't for my horse....."

Hockey is awesome. And I absolutely cannot believe Americans don't get it.

I actually had a guy tell me once, "I hate hockey. It's too slow. On my life, he said that. :doh:

I've yet to see a person who WENT to a hockey game to come away saying anything other than, "that was the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life."

It's a poor TV sport. Which is a shame, because it's phenomenal live.

I've yet to see a person who WENT to a hockey game to come away saying anything other than, "that was the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life."

It's a poor TV sport. Which is a shame, because it's phenomenal live.

seeing it in HD makes a huge difference, the puck is much easier to follow.

seeing it in HD makes a huge difference, the puck is much easier to follow.

I don't think it's even so much the puck (although that's a big part of the problem). There's so much going on away from the puck that you miss that it really gets aggravating. Plus, a lot of the fights start away from the puck. :)

On another note, football is really the same way. You can't tell if a WR is open, or what D a team is playing. That's frustrating too. But I think most Americans have grown up watching football on TV, so they don't know any better. (ES membership excluded, of course.)

I don't think it's even so much the puck (although that's a big part of the problem). There's so much going on away from the puck that you miss that it really gets aggravating. Plus, a lot of the fights start away from the puck. :)

On another note, football is really the same way. You can't tell if a WR is open, or what D a team is playing. That's frustrating too. But I think most Americans have grown up watching football on TV, so they don't know any better. (ES membership excluded, of course.)

i've only been to one professional football game, and it was a 'Skins preseason game. I did have great seats (3rd row) and it really did put the game into a completely new perspective.

i've only been to one professional football game, and it was a 'Skins preseason game. I did have great seats (3rd row) and it really did put the game into a completely new perspective.

No doubt. If you sit up higher, it's pretty easy for even the untrained eye to read cover 2, other zone, or man. And heck, even if you can't read that, you can see whether a guy is open or not.

I was lucky enough to get mid-level side of the rink tix to a Caps game the day of the Niners-Chargers Super Bowl. It was as if I had never seen a game before. Unbelievable.

I also got to cover a division I college hockey tourney when I worked for a small newspaper. Watched everywhere from right at the glass to up high. It was amazing.

Archived