Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Denver to sign Adams?

wysknz1

Probably because they consistently win, they just don't win it all.

We'd probably get a lot less criticism if were were perennial post-season contenders. :2cents:

Bingo, plus add an owner that has a contemptuous relationship with the media and you've got your answer. In the end though it's all about winning. Winning makes you crazy like a fox instead of just crazy.

Probably because they consistently win, they just don't win it all.

We'd probably get a lot less criticism if were were perennial post-season contenders. :2cents:

Umm how many Super Bowls does Denver have? How many do we have?

Thank you.

Don't start talking in "perennial" terms unless you want to talk about history. If you want to say probably because Denver consistently has won over the past few years, then fine, but using perennial gives the false impression that they have a winning franchise and we have a losing one. It is quite the opposite.

Thank you.

Don't start talking in "perennial" terms unless you want to talk about history. If you want to say probably because Denver consistently has won over the past few years, then fine, but using perennial gives the false impression that they have a winning franchise and we have a losing one. It is quite the opposite.

The media doesn't care what we did in the 80s. They care what has happened in recent memory. I agree that the Skins gets unfairly criticized in a lot of things they do but a lot of it is earned too.

Since Mike Shanahan took over as coach 12 years ago Denver has had 1 season under .500 and that was the year after Elway retired. In this millenium they have a 70-42 record. We have gone 49-63 in that same timeframe. Under the current regimes they have been considerably more successful that we have.

Although since Elway retired we have more playoff victories than they do. :broncosuc

Thank you.

Well, I assumed we were all intelligent enough to realize that any discussion on this matter is only relevant within the timeline of the Snyder-owned Redskins. Before Snyder became the owner, we were never a franchise that was criticized for trying to buy a championship.

So, in that time (basically this decade), the Broncos don't receive the same amount of bashing since their moves have generally bought them a ticket to the playoffs while ours have landed us with several sub-.500 seasons.

Better? :rolleyes:

Some people on here are very touchy and can't objectively discuss the Redskins AT ALL. I don't understand how my post would incite a reply talking about which franchise is historically better. On another day, in another thread, I'd agree that it's not even close (the Skins are), but that's irrelevant here.

:cheers:

they were working in a rookie QB just like us, yet they managed to go 9-7.

Plus my guess is that if you talked to a Denver fan they would say they get bashed by the media plenty. My guess is there is a "Why does the media hate us so much" thread going on over on their board right now.

Archived