Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Russia announces new multi-warhead missile

AsburySkinsFan

This announcement was to appease their own people who have become increasingly nervous over the fact that we have moved forward to create a missle defense system. The technology the Russians annouced is probably already obsolete. This is just a bit of chest thumping on their part (IMHO).

This announcement was to appease their own people who have become increasingly nervous over the fact that we have moved forward to create a missle defense system. The technology the Russians annouced is probably already obsolete. This is just a bit of chest thumping on their part (IMHO).

It is not obsolete for the intended purpose of getting through any missile defense system we currently are considering. There is no question that you can overwhem any missile defense by just sending more warheads at the same time.

Of course, our missile defense is not directed toward Russia's thousands of warheads. In theory, it is directed at a few missiles lobbed at us by a rogue state like North Korea or Iran. And it might work for that.

The Russians do not understand this distinction and they do not WANT to understand this distinction. Because they hate and fear and envy us.

And Putin is the worst, because he is manipulating those hates and fears for his own advantage. I hate Putin, perhaps more than anyone else on this planet.

I think some people think of the ABL as a "Patriot" type system where you wait until the missiles are in or near your airspace and then attempt to blow them up. The ABL is different in that it targets missiles when in boost (leaving the launchers). The target is destroyed near the launch site and not near the airspace you are trying to protect.

http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/military/abl/index.html

Technology like this is not developed overnight. It probally has been in developement for 10+ years, so let's blame...I don't know....Clinton's policy's, yeah that sounds about right.

There is no way they developed this in the past 6 years just becasue of the missile shield. There is a ton of research and developement into new weapon systems going on daily.

Who decided not to sign the continuation of the nuclear arms agreement?

Hmmmmm........oh yeah that was "W". What a hero. I honestly think that he's trying his hardest to undo all the good that has been done in the past 50 years, and by my count he's doing a great job.:doh:

The fact that Russia is buidling new ones in response to Bush's nuclear policies is news, combine that with the rising tensions in Russia and increasingly tense relations between the US and Russia I am not as dismissive of this news.
\

No it's not and you are foolish if you think this is a big deal.

It is not obsolete for the intended purpose of getting through any missile defense system we currently are considering. There is no question that you can overwhem any missile defense by just sending more warheads at the same time.

Of course, our missile defense is not directed toward Russia's thousands of warheads. In theory, it is directed at a few missiles lobbed at us by a rogue state like North Korea or Iran. And it might work for that.

The Russians do not understand this distinction and they do not WANT to understand this distinction. Because they hate and fear and envy us.

And Putin is the worst, because he is manipulating those hates and fears for his own advantage. I hate Putin, perhaps more than anyone else on this planet.

Thank you. A voice of common sense. At least in this thread. :D

The Russians could easily beat our missle defense systems with their current weapons. Like Predicto said before, the system is only for a couple of warheads from terrorists or rogue states. It could not defend against a launch by a country with a small nuclear weapons inventory like the Chinese. And it certainly couldn't stop a Russian attack with 1,000s of warheads.

This is all a bunch of BS by Putin.

Archived