Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keeper fantasy football league (rookie draft)

morpheusmeyers

I'm playing in a "keeper" fantasy football league for the 1st time. Should be an interesting change after playing in the standard draft format for the last few years.

We keep 12 players from last years roster (I inherited mine), then have a 5 round rookie draft then a 5 round veteran draft.

My question is, who would you take with the #5 and #6 picks in the 1st round of the rookie draft (I made a trade to aquire the 2nd 1st rounder)?

I'm guessing that Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, and Calvin Johnson will go 1-2-3, not necessarily in that order. Maybe Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell goes #4. I'm thinking about going with 2 RB's, or a RB and a WR (not QB since I already have Vince Young and Michael Vick). I like Brandon Jackson RB Green Bay and Chris Henry RB Tennessee. At WR I like Dwayne Bowe KC.

Any thoughts?

I think you should take a good look at all the rest of the FFL league threads in this forum to find out what to do.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: That is funny. But it also might be a little harsh.

I think he needs to trade his fifth and six for the # 1 and get C.J. :D

I've played in standard format fantasy leagues for years, but never in a keeper league or one that starts with a rookies only draft.

I know Pro players a lot better than the rookies, so I'll ask the question again...

Any suggestions on who to take @ #5 and #6 overall? Peterson has just gone #1. My guess is that Marshawn Lynch and CJ will go 2-3, and one of the QB's (Jamarcus Russell or Brady Quinn) will likely go #4. Which puts me on the clock twice at #5 and #6.

RB seems to be thin after Peterson and Lynch. Are Brandon Jackson or Chris Henry worth taking that high? I like Dwayne Bowe, but not to the extent that I would definitely take him over a RB.

Stay away from Chris Henry. He's a workout warrior that wasn't productive in college.

5th or 6th is too high for him, but I'd take Michael Bush ahead of Henry or Jackson.

Lorenzo Booker from FSU that went to the Dolphins is another RB that I'd look at in a keeper draft.

The other sleeper would be Brian Leonard who went to the Rams. He's a FB/RB tweener out of Rutgers that might be able to surprise some people.

At WR, Bowe's a solid pick. Anthony Gonzalez would also be a solid pick up given that he's going to the Colts and could put up huge numbers even as a #3 Slot WR.

Ted Ginn, Jr. is a guy to look at as well. He could slide because of the foot injury, but he could be highly productive as he's not only a superfast WR, but he's also a dangerous return guy.

Stay away from Chris Henry. He's a workout warrior that wasn't productive in college.

5th or 6th is too high for him, but I'd take Michael Bush ahead of Henry or Jackson.

Lorenzo Booker from FSU that went to the Dolphins is another RB that I'd look at in a keeper draft.

The other sleeper would be Brian Leonard who went to the Rams. He's a FB/RB tweener out of Rutgers that might be able to surprise some people.

At WR, Bowe's a solid pick. Anthony Gonzalez would also be a solid pick up given that he's going to the Colts and could put up huge numbers even as a #3 Slot WR.

Ted Ginn, Jr. is a guy to look at as well. He could slide because of the foot injury, but he could be highly productive as he's not only a superfast WR, but he's also a dangerous return guy.

I don't know much about Henry. A friend who's in a college FFL said that he wasn't used much in Nebraska's offense, but should be productive in the NFL in a zone blocking scheme.

I like Michael Bush, but he's got both Lamont Jordan and Domanick Rhodes in front of him. I'd like to get a guy who's going to produce year 1 if possible.

Brian Leonard is interesting. I see him being like a Cooley except he may get a carry or two as well.

Lorenzo Booker, huh? That might not be a bad pick, especially if something happens to Ronnie Brown.

Thanks for the tips.

5 and 6 picks suck this year. There's a huge dropoff after the first three. I would take a RB like Brandon Jackson of Green Bay, and maybe a WR. I like Robert Meachem of NO.

No joke! Major dropoff after the 1st 3. Pick #4 is on the board right now. 1st 3 were Peterson, Lynch, and CJ (no surprises there). No idea who goes @ #4. Then I'm up @ #5 and #6. I'm hoping to get Brandon Jackson, and maybe Kenny Irons or Chris Henry.

Did Meachem get hurt?

I hadnt head that... did he?

Michael Bush might be worth a look too if you want a long term project. Definitely take Jackson though if he's there. He's clearly the third best RB.

I'll have to look up if Meachem got hurt. I was talking to a friend today and he said he heard he recently hurt his ankle. Will check.

Oh, we don't have to carry a TE in our league. They're classified as WR's. So that rules out Greg Olsen. Know way a rookie TE is going to put up as much as a veteran WR.

#4 was Jamarcus Russell.

I went with Brandon Jackson of Green Bay, and Chris Henry of Tenn. Considered Kenny Irons RB, Dwayne Bowe, and Anthony Gonzalez, but with WR's always available in FA I thought the RB's were the smarter play. Jackson will get time along with Vernand Morencey, and Chris Henry will battle Lendale White (who's in the doghouse) for the starting spot in Tenn. I like Irons, but I don't see him getting much time in year one unless Rudi Johnson gets hurt.

Thanks for the advice.

Better rethink your QB situation, Vick's status is in doubt and Young's numbers will likely take a hit this year as he has no one to throw to, Tennesee lost its top WR and RB and did not draft anyone of note for either position, moreover Young is going into his sophmore season with a weaker supporting cast.

Generally, I agree with comments in regards to RBs, but you have to have 2 good or at least decent QBs.

When asking these types of questions please provide your roster, it's the only way anyone can provide accurate and meaningful advice.

Also, this does belong in the FF Forum.

Better rethink your QB situation, Vick's status is in doubt and Young's numbers will likely take a hit this year as he has no one to throw to, Tennesee lost its top WR and RB and did not draft any, moreover Young is going into his sophmore season with a weaker supporting cast.

Generally, I agree with comments in regards to RBs, but you have to have 2 good or at least decent QBs.

When asking these types of questions please provide your roster, it's the only way anyone can provide accurate and meaningful advice.

Also, this does belong in the FF Forum.

Don't forget that Young is going to get hurt at some point also...Madden curse

Archived