Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marshall no longer middle man (Examiner article mentions Rocky as the starter)

#98QBKiller

I still remember the play Marshall made against Philly in 2005 to send us to the playoffs. Tipped a bullet pass then somehow tracked it in mid-air and intercepted it. Totally turned the game around for us.

I still remember him slamming Julius Jones down in the endzone for a safety against Dallas last season. :)

I still remember him slamming Julius Jones down in the endzone for a safety against Dallas last season. :)

Wasn't that one of the most beautiful plays? I almost dropped my beer when that happened. I really wasn't expecting 2 actually get a saftey as I was hoping for at that point.

Yes, I love marshall, but honestly, if mcIntosh is in the position that he is actually at the same level as lemar, and he is as young as he is. imagine how productive and good he will be in the future. I feel like the correct way to win superbowls is with your core team and you draft well. When you draft your players, you use them when they are in the position to play. it's that simple... every pro-bowl player was a rookie, or has waited behind a vet a year or two until they could start. Because honestly, I can see "Roger McIntosh" gettin better, I just can't imagine Lemar getting any better then he is right now. And he is Solid at a back-up at his stage in his career, and if anything happens to our LB's he can step up and take play that position.

B.S. Rocky isn't the starter. No one knows what the plan is not even the coaches with regard to the WLB spot. I'd suspect they're hoping Marshall and Mac can share the spot but I'm sure they expect Marshall to start since Gibbs said it's where he is most comfortable (if I recall correctly). B.S. article by a person that doesn't know what they're talking about. What else is new? These decisions won't come until injuries are evaluated and enough reps are given to determine who fits where IMO. I don't see this decision being made until training camp. This is an article most likely based on conjecture probably b/c Marshall may not be taking many reps in OTA's or minicamp b/c of the aformentioned surgery. :2cents:

HTTR

:logo:

I still remember the play Marshall made against Philly in 2005 to send us to the playoffs. Tipped a bullet pass then somehow tracked it in mid-air and intercepted it. Totally turned the game around for us.
I can definitly see him starting as the nickel LB with the saftey experence he has. That is where he excells, pass coverage. On the line, not so much.

Archived