Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2007 NFL Draft From Redskins Park (Day 1)

JimmiJo

Many thanks JJ!! Nice roll-up of the action today!

I too was not able to catch the festivities today. I'm really pumped about our pick. I've been on the Landry bandwagon since I learned about him. I suspect we'll address the Dline and maybe depth at TE tomorrow. GW's blitz and stunt packages are back!!!

HTTR

:):cheers: :applause:

Anyone who compares him to Arch has eaten paint chips. This guy was a beast at the safety position from the day he walked onto campus at LSU. He is a totally different pedigree of an athlete. He is way more explosive then Archuleta. I have an idea... how about we wait and see how he does as a Redskin first...:rolleyes:

If you are referring to me, I am sorry it came across this way. I am not comparing Landry to Archeletdown, as Landry has not played a snap yet for the 'Skins. I have not seen Landry play in college enough to make any judgements on his abilitys. I am only making a comparison based on his style of play as described by the media heads. A safety who is an in the box tackler who tends to drop INTs sounds to me to be an archuleta type player as arch was an in the box tackler who couldn't cover. Physically, it appears that Landry is heads and shoulders better than Adam, I just question the fit of that style in Gregg Williams' D. Hopefully Landry fits better, and again as I stated in my previous post, this move could be extremely beneficial to the overall depth of the secondary.

Overall, looking at the talent of the D-lineman available, this move appears to be the best move the FO could have made. As with all draft picks, only time will tell. Here's hoping Landry is a perfect fit and will benefit the Redskins. :cheers:

Landry can cover. Dropping interceptions and not being able to run with and keep the ball out of a receiver's hands are two different things. Landry is one of the best cover safeties in the draft; it's his ability to catch all the interceptions that come his way that is his only weakness. Everything else he's about as good as you could hope for. Great pick.

Landry can cover. Dropping interceptions and not being able to run with and keep the ball out of a receiver's hands are two different things. Landry is one of the best cover safeties in the draft; it's his ability to catch all the interceptions that come his way that is his only weakness. Everything else he's about as good as you could hope for. Great pick.

Yeah and I think this pick actually makes ST better. LL will be expected to do more of the hitting in the box and ST will hopefully able to run free again like he did in '04. JG actually said something to that effect in today's press conference. Remember ST in '04? Wearing #36? I do :Dhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=l4IwILlqwi4

Landry should compliment Taylor and while he might have Carlos Rogers hands time to time :D he should be fine.

I still want defensive linemen to upgrade what we have but that looks like a next year thing.

Who knows we might see the return of Redskins one when Julius Peppers becomes an UFA in 2008

Taking LaRon Landry is the wrong pick at 6. I hope he works out though. IMO he isn't what the defense needed. It was Amobi Okoye. The Vikings had Peterson as their #1 guy the whole time as Atlanta had Jamaal Anderson as their #1 guy and the Dolphins were going Ted Ginn, Jr. come Hell or high water. Then Houston takes what should have been our guy.

The Texans probably had more than 1 guy as "the guy" on their board. Of course they didn't have a second round pick to give us, however it would have given us an extra pick on Day 1 or even more than one if we swapped with them. But this idea probably wouldn't have worked unless the deal included the Texans NOT taking Okoye.

Atlanta was there at 8. They had 2 Second Round picks. Would the Falcons have swapped with us?? Did the F.O. even try to trade down?? Oh well the draft is over and I don't like the pick.

Archived