Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If this is Gibbs last year lets go for it!!

jbooma

I have a feeling this is the last year Gibbs will be coaching. If this is the case and the skins know it then I say do what you have to get Johnson. This is the only player that will make an immediate impact that can help us get to the playoffs this year. None of the Defensive player are going to push us into the playoffs and a chance for Joe to ride off with another ring :)

Give up the future for this one year :cheers:

I have a feeling this is the last year Gibbs will be coaching. If this is the case and the skins know it then I say do what you have to get Johnson. This is the only player that will make an immediate impact that can help us get to the playoffs this year. None of the Defensive player are going to push us into the playoffs and a chance for Joe to ride off with another ring :)

You started playing PortisMossTaylorCampbell's drinking game already, didn't you?

I believe my sarcasm meter has been calibrated accurately and thus :laugh:

Nice one

i would agree with you, but for the past several years we've been trading away future draft picks like hot cakes. I would love to see one year were we have our full arsenal. And quite as kept, i would probably give this year's (1st, 3rd, and next year's 1st) if we had all of our picks this year. But i can't imagine only having 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks, with the lack of depth that we have on defense. Its just not worth it, no matter how you look at it.

Gibbs is not that selfish, he'll draft a player that will give the Redskins long-term hope...not an immediate impact player, just because this may be his last year...

An immediate impact player can give Redskins long-term hope. A player who is supposed to give just a possible long term hope, but not immediate impact is more of a risk.

If you are thinking Okoye, think again. Just because he is 19 doesn;t mean he will be good in the NFL. Tommy Harris was WAAAAY better in college. I compare them because they are similar in size... about 300 lbs or less.

An immediate impact player can give Redskins long-term hope. A player who is supposed to give just a possible long term hope, but not immediate impact is more of a risk.

If you are thinking Okoye, think again. Just because he is 19 doesn;t mean he will be good in the NFL. Tommy Harris was WAAAAY better in college. I compare them because they are similar in size... about 300 lbs or less.

Now not to defend the DL's in the draft but didn't they call Tommy Harris the best DL in the NFL this year before he got hurt??

Archived