Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper Big Board 4/12

Skinsinparadise

The Skins will trade down with Miami because Miami wants Quinn. If that does not happen there are several other teams that could make the offer for QUINN. But the Skins will NOT draft at number 6 and the Skins will draft a defensive lineman with that first pick, regardless of which pick that is. Write it down. The Skins will not draft at number 6.
You might want to run this by Coach Gibbs, who mentioned in yesterday's presser about trying to trade down, finding it next to impossible, and then acknowledging the fact that we'll be in fact drafting at 6. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen, but at this point all signs are indicating it ain't happening.

Hey, these guys have to do something to kill time between now and the big day, right? You gotta think even they must get bored at times rehashing the same storyline over and over ad naseum.

They should hang out in Tailgate.

Kiper: Why James Bond would beat Jack Bauer.

Landry! I love it. I wouldn't mind Okoye or Anderson though either.

This isn't Kiper's mock. This is just how he rates the players. He only begrudgingly does a mock at all because ESPN makes him. What this is is his list of who the best players are going to be in the pros. This list is not him saying Landry will go 6th in the draft.

4/12 -- ESPN

Again this is Kiper ranking of the players not where they will go in the draft

1. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same

He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same

Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same

The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability.

4. JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: Same

Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.

5. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: Same

Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn did throw two interceptions in the Sugar Bowl after throwing just one INT in his previous eight games.

6. LaRon Landry, DB, LSU (6-1½, 205) | previous: Same

Four-year starter who has proven to be Mr. Reliable throughout his career.

7. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: Same

A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield.

8. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: Same

Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams led the Tigers with 10½ sacks and 15½ tackles for loss.

9. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (5-11, 193) | previous: Same

Tough customer who also shows very good anticipation and awareness in coverage.

10. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270) | previous: 16

A gifted athlete who is coming off an exceptional 2006 season. Anderson is a complete player, equally solid against the run and as a pass rusher.

11. Greg Olsen, Miami, TE (6-5, 254) | previous: Same

His performance at the combine should move Olsen up to the middle of the first round. Great hands and very athletic, Olsen reminds me of Baltimore Ravens tight end Todd Heap.

12. Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi (6-2, 235) | previous: 15

Tackling machine with great football sense. Willis lead the Rebels with 137 tackles (87 solo).

13. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska (6-6, 298) | previous: 17

You don't see many defensive ends carrying 300 pounds who can move as well as Carriker.

14. Jarvis Moss*, DE, Florida (6-5, 250) | previous: 24

Speed rusher who is also excellent in pursuit, using his lateral quickness to chase down running plays before they can amount to anything.

15. Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State (5-11, 175) | previous: 10

Takes a backseat to no one in the speed department, brings a big-play dimension to the wide receiver position and also the return game.

16. Marshawn Lynch, RB, California (5-11, 224) | previous: 20

Complete big back, right on the heels of Adrian Peterson when it comes to who will be the top RB in the draft.

17. Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. (6-4½, 325) | previous: 12

Steady and reliable at protecting the quarterback's blind side.

18. Lawrence Timmons*, LB, Florida St. (6-2¼, 233) | previous: Unranked

Moves right to the top of a very subpar linebacking group, particularly from the senior class. Timmons' production and consistency from game to game are what jumps out at you.

19. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan (6-5½, 300) | previous: 13

He's a former tight end who has developed into a natural left tackle. Staley brings incredible footwork, athleticism and agility to the position.

20. Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn (6-3, 300) | previous: 21

A versatile athlete who started his career at defensive tackle and then shifted to tight end. Grubbs brings a great deal of athletic ability to the interior of the offensive line.

21. Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St. (6-1½, 235) | previous: 25

A productive and consistent player who studies and prepares as thoroughly as anybody.

22. Ryan Kalil, C, USC (6-3, 285) | previous: Unranked

Game improved dramatically thanks in part to facing great competition in practice.

23. Aaron Sears, OL, Tennessee (6-4, 320) | previous: Unranked

He played both guard and tackle in college and will give a team some versatility along the offensive line.

24. Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas (6-5, 305) | previous: Unranked

Athletically gifted left tackle with a tremendous amount of upside.

25. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU (6-2, 217) | previous: 19

Big and productive, Bowe runs excellent routes and has the toughness to catch the ball in traffic.

I think that this entire "prospectus" is subject to a lot of "ifs, maybes' and if nots", it's purely speculative. !!

You know what else?

Screw that. I AM going to start ... this year.

Day before the draft, I'm cutting and pasting all the mocks I can find, and all the ratings lists like Mel's I can find, and filing them away. It's a project long overdue and one I think I might find use for a year or two down the line.

Why am I writing this here? Because I want someone to hold me to it, so next year I don't have to come on here and say ...

OK OM, I am putting this away for next year. :type:

I think it is a worthy effort and I think you are the person to do it. :applause: This is long over due.

Here again is the reason I love the ES forum - threads that have opinions backed by facts. :idea: :writing:

:helmet: The Rook

You know what else?

Screw that. I AM going to start ... this year.

Day before the draft, I'm cutting and pasting all the mocks I can find, and all the ratings lists like Mel's I can find, and filing them away. It's a project long overdue and one I think I might find use for a year or two down the line.

Why am I writing this here? Because I want someone to hold me to it, so next year I don't have to come on here and say ...

The Huddle Report has been doing that for a while. Give them a buzz and I'm sure they share some old draft info if you want. That's unless you want to start fresh. Rick Gosselin, Nolan Nawrocki and Mayock are the only guys I put any stock in since they have decent NFL connections and actually study film.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

Mel Kiper Jr. UPDATED DRAFT 4/16

By Mel Kiper Jr.

ESPN.com

FIRST ROUND:

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU

2. Detroit Lions - Gaines Adams DE Clemson

3. Cleveland Browns - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin

6. Washington Redskins - LaRon Landry S LSU

7. Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma