Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ten Questions being asked about the Draft?

Loxley

7. Who's stock has risen the most in recent weeks?

Take a look at DT Amobi Okoye from Louisville. He has a decent senior year as a 19-year-old and finished up as a probable second-round pick. He packed his bags for the Senior Bowl to prove he's better than that and after a week in pads in front of all the NFL brass, he jumped to a late first-round pick. He went to the Combine with that same focus and his workout and interviews moved him up the charts to a mid first-round selection. At his pro day workout, he clocked 4.88 in the 40-yard dash at a weight of 302 pounds. film studies on him by the defensive line coaches draw parallels to Warren Sapp. With just a few weeks to go, it looks like the teenager has climbed to a top-10 pick.

By Pat Kirwan

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10119448

Well question 7 caught my eye personally with all the talk about the DT needs etc and those few supporters of Okoye I figured would like to read this. The other 9 questions are quite insightful also, particularly the first three.

that is an interesting point about Brady Quinn in question 1. I do think that while Russell may be a better athlete, he may not be the better QB. Quinn though was non-existent in games that mattered. If I were Oakland, I really would just take Calvin Johnson, and draft Stanton/Edwards in the 2nd round.

I've been thinking about the Skins potential trade downs and the questions we need to be asking about the Skins is what players might drop to number six and who the likely trade partners would be if it happened.

1. Brady Quinn.

2. Adrian Peterson

3. LaRon Landry

4. Joe THomas- this is a slim one but Arizona might go defense even if Thomas dropped to five.

So what teams would be likely trading partners for these players?

When do the do the whole draft thing?

I dont have ESPN or anything, but maybe my friend will invite me over!

April 28th and 29th.

Youve been a fan for 15 years and you dont know when the draft is and you asked previously what trading down means?

Dude which planet are you from and more importantly, what are the girls like there! :silly:

I really feel that the Skins are not going to be taking a D-Lineman in this draft. Amobi has been rising a lot in stock, but every year there is a player that does this, and more often than not, the player tends to be a flop. Now, I'm not saying this is going to happen to Amobi (b/c I do think he will be good), but I think our biggest problem is not the D-Line b/c of Greg Williams's system, which requires tight coverage in the secondary. For this reason, I really think we're going to end up with LaRon Landry. At least, I really hope we do. Our secondary would be set for the next 10 years.

Archived